Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Things I never noticed in Tintin comics until now

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

mhoefler
#21 · Posted: 12 May 2008 09:22
Dupondt wrote:
I was reading the Black Island again and I noticed in frame 7 on page 6, Snowy has a bandage on his cheek, there doesn't seem to be any reason for this, anyone have any ideas?

Snowy was chasing a cat (last frame on page 5) and he lost that "fight" - as usual ;-)
cigars of the beeper
#22 · Posted: 8 Jul 2008 12:56
I just noticed last night in The Broken Ear on page four, panel eight, that while Tintin is looking at the cigarette on the floor, Snowy is being startled by a skull. It's funny the details you can miss!
IvanIvanovitch
#23 · Posted: 8 Jul 2008 21:09
In The Land of Black Gold, Snowy sticks his head out of the car as they chase Abdullah...I'm 99% percent sure that he does. He also marks a barrel in The Broken Ear. The things that dog does!
cigars of the beeper
#24 · Posted: 9 Jul 2008 12:48
Even if he is smarter then other dogs, he is still a dog after all!
Little Mijarka
#25 · Posted: 10 Jul 2008 19:47
In Flight 714 pg.56, top strip panels 2-4, there is a scene where Kanrokitoff is trying to summon Tintin (who's rescuing Calculus) out of the volcano using ESP. Clearly surprised by Tintin's answer, there is a garish orange question mark bubble. In the next panel, panel 4, Haddock asks if Tintin replied. Karokitoff says, "Yes, is answering. Is tellink me to go to...!"

I never noticed that! I didn't think Tintin used that kind of language!

"...and such polite boy, I thinkink..."
cigars of the beeper
#26 · Posted: 11 Jul 2008 12:23
Well, that was a really tense situation, and even if Tintin never says anything like that, maybe he thinks it, and it comes through in telepathic communication.
Little Mijarka
#27 · Posted: 11 Jul 2008 18:19
cigars of the beeper:
Well, that was a really tense situation, and even if Tintin never says anything like that, maybe he thinks it, and it comes through in telepathic communication

That's what I was thinking. Had I been in a situation as such, I probably would have done the same. Good point about the telepathy.
robbo
#28 · Posted: 27 Aug 2008 14:57
Little Mijarka:
I never noticed that! I didn't think Tintin used that kind of language!

In the French version, interestingly Herge spells out what Tintin says

'aller au diable, tout simplement' / 'he simply told me to go to hell'

Whereas the translation is also changed to the present tense I suppose to match Kanrokitoff's ridiculous accent, maybe one thing that puts English readers off and lowers the quality of the book. It's much more subtle in french.

I do remember the first time I read Flight 714 aged 8, (in the year it was released!), being surprised that Tintin could possibly utter rude words.
IvanIvanovitch
#29 · Posted: 4 Sep 2008 17:39
Little Mijarka:
"...and such polite boy, I thinkink..."

That's one of the funniest moments in the entire series!!!
Karaboudjan
#30 · Posted: 19 Oct 2008 12:49
I love it in The Castafiore Emerald when Cuthbert (ever the gentleman) kisses Castafiore's hand and his collar buttons fly off. Much of the humour's in these small background details.

Another 'blink and you miss it' thing that always cracks me up: when the Captain's strolling along reading a paper in Red Rackham's Treasure, he passes a poster for an Orson Welles film called 'ME'. Makes me wonder who it was originally ...

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!