Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

What has the Tintin series taught you?

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Grey
#11 · Posted: 6 Jun 2008 16:10
The Tintin series has taught me many a great thing in life... one such example is:

- Never, under any circumstances, get hit on the head so many times. Urgh, concussions.
Triskeliae
#12 · Posted: 6 Jun 2008 16:43
Words to live by, Grey!
IvanIvanovitch
#13 · Posted: 6 Jun 2008 19:24
Grey wrote:
The Tintin series has taught me many a great thing in life... one such example is:

- Never, under any circumstances, get hit on the head so many times. Urgh, concussions.

It might stunt my growth!
Grey
#14 · Posted: 8 Jun 2008 17:02
I'm small enough as it is, I don't need gangsters hitting me on the head with clubs or guns! XD
Little Mijarka
#15 · Posted: 10 Jun 2008 04:55
While we're on the subject of America... Tintin has taught me never to eat a hot dog as long as I live...I could be eating someone's little Fritzy.

(If you have no idea what I mean, I invite you to the "Bad News about Tintin in America" thread.)
dom
#16 · Posted: 13 Jul 2008 14:36
Most important lesson that I've learned from Tintin comes from the Picaros when Tintin has been dosed with Calculus' anti-alcohol treatment and spits out the whisky he is offered.

Ridgewell says 'Young idiot! D'you want to get yourself murdered'.

This advice came in very useful when I was living in China and was offered the local beer which tasted like cat urine and now that I'm living in Japan and am often offered things that more closely resemble slime than food. As Ridgewell says 'it's important not to offend them'.
Austin
#17 · Posted: 13 Jul 2008 17:16
Tintin has taught me that not actually writing or submitting articles is no barrier to a career in journalism
Bordurian Thug
#18 · Posted: 13 Jul 2008 17:50
Rather ironically, considering the opprobrium that Herge has received in recent years, I like to think that reading the books as a child helped me to develop a respect for other cultures and races. But then Tintin in the Congo hadn't been published in English when I was a child.....:)
binbin
#19 · Posted: 3 Sep 2008 03:34
The sailors worst enemy is not a heavy fog through icebergs, huge tides, no. The sailors worst enemy is a DRINK...of water of course.
IvanIvanovitch
#20 · Posted: 4 Sep 2008 16:42
Thug, I echo and salute your first comment. Tintin's behavior toward new cultures and environments were a textbook lesson for me in racial acceptance. He sets a great example.

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!