Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Tintin fans in Missouri?

IvanIvanovitch
#1 · Posted: 13 Jun 2008 05:48
Just wondering. It gets lonely out here...
...though probably not as much as Sri Lanka!
cigars of the beeper
#2 · Posted: 13 Jun 2008 21:45
I think that asking about your particular state is actually a little too specific. We Americans aren't commonly Tintin fans. I'm not from Missouri, but I happen to be from Connecticut.
tintinagalog
#3 · Posted: 14 Jun 2008 04:59
My suggestion: try to use any search engines available and possble on the internet, or talk to people about Tintin. Once you find out somebody interested with the topic, he or she is a Tintinologist. Then you may convince that person to befriend you and, together build your Tintin club. That's what I'm doing. In the Philippines, 8 Filipinos and 1 Taiwanese Tintinologists met and gather altogether in our Friendster site entitled "Tintin Club Philippines." We're still searching for more, but for sure, many of Tintin fans will surprisingly appear on the moment Spielberg's Tintin movie appears on the cinemas.

However, Indonesia has more Tintinologists. Lucky for them.

But of course, who can beat France and Belgium?
tintinspartan
#4 · Posted: 16 Jun 2008 19:51
Singapore is nothing but only me i'm afraid who is interested in Tintin and collect Tintin Items. No one in Singapore is a Tintin maniac accept for me and i really felt lonely being that.

But sometimes, I do show my colours of knowledge of tintinology to my fellow railfans. Infact, 2 of them know that I have a Tintin Collection. At least it comforts me abit.
IvanIvanovitch
#5 · Posted: 17 Jun 2008 01:52
tintinagalog, thanks for your suggestion. I do know a couple of people who like Tintin around here. They're not crazy about it the way I am, though. One of my buddies likes Tintin just because it's a cartoon and thinks nothing more of it than those in the newspaper. It's a common phenomenon: you find someone with a common interest, but he(she) treats it so differently than you do that there's only the barest of similarities between the two of you.
Most of my friends know that I like Tintin. I try to convert them periodically and am rewarded with polite laughter and general disinterest. My sibs have read every single one of the Tintin books (under my influence), but it just hasn't caught on with them. Or anyone else that I know, for that matter.
I have a tall order here. Maybe I'm being too picky. Sigh.
Hey! I have you guys!!! Hullo, Connecticutian!
kygoober16
#6 · Posted: 29 Feb 2012 08:18
I am in Missouri! We need to meet up!
blisteringbarnacle
#7 · Posted: 2 Mar 2012 05:23
IvanIvanovitch,

I have to agree with tintinaglog. Missouri is probably going to be too small a group. We should do a North American on Facebook, likes tintinaglog's. There would definitely be enough interest in that. As cigars of the beeper, pointed out he's in Connecticut, I'm in Western New York. It's a large country and we're quite spread out.
Raegan
#8 · Posted: 2 Mar 2012 19:29
Definitely. take their advice, but it never hurts to ask. I know exactly how you feel, I'm in these kinds of 'situations' all the time, Tintin is no different.

Cigars of the beeper,

You're from Connecticut? Cool, me too.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!