Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Is it time for official new Tintin adventures?

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

tantan
#21 · Posted: 23 Oct 2005 13:45
I think the main reasons behind Tintin's success were Herge's passion and dedication. Tintin was his life.

No other artists, regardless of how skillfull or fans they are, would be able to pour their heart and soul the way Herge did. Tintin is his brainchild, his baby. It's like no one is gonna care for your son the way you do.

I don't think that any new adventure of Tintin would be able to match the quality and spirit of the canon. It takes a Herge to do that.
tintinagalog
#22 · Posted: 30 Nov 2007 06:06
No one can ever match the quality of Herge's art, but with creative storywriting, somehow there might be. Who knows?

All it takes for the new adventure to resume is that Tintin and his friends must live with the modern trend and technology. There's no need to change their attitudes, principles, and their iconic outfits. Do not delete the captain's encyclopedia of blistering curses and calculus' innovative ingenuities. Maintain the spirit of male bonding/friendship. Keep the detectives' stupidity. Live the challenging outdoor adventures and globe-trottings. Allow our reporter to interfere in the criminals' businesses. Anything Herge. However, be extra careful in putting girls in their harmonious lives. Girls must not ruin the males' ideologies.

Edit #1 Posted: 30 Nov 2007 06:08:25
And, of course, if Herge-Moulinsart would allow us to move Tintin on...

Edit #2 Posted: 30 Nov 2007 06:10:07
Hey... do you want a time-traveling for them?

--
[Moderator note: hi tintinagalog - where possible, please edit instead of making consecutive posts. Thanks!]
number1fan
#23 · Posted: 1 Dec 2007 18:02
There have been cartoons that havent been 100% true to the story but this is ok in a way its sort of like a completly differnt adventure.The Lake of the Sharks isnt written by Herge but was still made ok he didnt like it but what would Arthur Conan Doyle thought of the adaptions of the Sherlock Holmes films and series.I dont know wether they have been changed.The Legacy of Tintin must live on.
Tintinrulz
#24 · Posted: 2 Dec 2007 00:40
The Sherlock Holmes movies and series are a fair bit closer to Conan Doyle's original vision, than Lake of Sharks to Herge's. They don't really compare.
Triskeliae
#25 · Posted: 21 Jun 2008 15:24
Let's take the example of Dupuis Editions. Their star comic book character is Spirou. He was created 9 years after Tintin, and without a doubt, he must have been inspired by Hergé's work.

The editors of Spirou had an idea: to make a parallel series of Spirou apart from the original series. A reknown comic book artist and writer would make his/her own rendition of Spirou in one book only (one-shot).
There are 4 of these already. The book series are called Spirou and Fantasio by.... The series don't pretend to take part of the original books. Tintin, in my opinion, should have the same concept, so artists and writers could make their own stories in their own style, but without altering the essence of the characters, of course (the same rule happens with these Spirou series). I don't believe that would be disrespectful. Quite the opposite: it would be a way to thank Hergé for inspiring so many artists and writers.

By the way, here's a small homage to Tintin made by Emile Bravo in his own rendition of Spirou (called Le Journal D'un Ingénu= The Diary of a Young Naive). Spirou's friends see him without his uniform and mistake him for our beloved reporter!

http://spirou.spirou.com/oneshots/04/popup.htm?imgN=extr2b

[Translation: Spirou- 'My word! This must be a real Contagion!'
The kid on the right: "It's TINTIN!"]
Triskeliae
#26 · Posted: 21 Jun 2008 16:43
I'd love to see what Emile Bravo would write if there was a parallel series of Tintin!!

oops! sorry for not editing!
charlotte
#27 · Posted: 21 Jun 2008 22:54
I am writing a Tintin adventure but I keep to my self
mct16
#28 · Posted: 22 Jun 2008 00:26
Ever since the death of Rene Goscinny the quality of his series have deteriorated considerably. Not just Asterix but also another series of his, Lucky Luke, which was set in the old West.

Just take the latest Asterix adventure: meeting aliens! I ask you. Most critics seem to agree that it is not the same as it was under Rene. Granted, the quality of the writing has not affected sales, but it just goes to show that there is no accounting for taste.

If another writer is to take up the series then he will have to do more than have a dashing hero with a hot-tempered friend who mutters "blistering barnacles" in every other sentence, or an eccentric scientist. There will have to be thorough research done into the story's background and raise political and social subjects that would be of interest to the reader.

Actually, Alan Moore of Watchmen would be ideal, but I think that he tends to go for grittier and more adult subjects.

Even if new adventures are published everyone will know that Herge was not involved so that certain "touch" will be missing.

I have not read any Star Trek, Star Wars, CSI or other spin-off novels so I cannot comment on their quality, but I think that there is a huge difference between a TV series developed by committees of producers and directors, and one in which one man put in his whole.
SmartTintin
#29 · Posted: 22 Jun 2008 17:10
charlotte:

Are you planning to draw?! Of course, you'll need to keep it to yourself...

mct16:
Even if new adventures are published everyone will know that Herge was not involved so that certain "touch" will be missing.

That is true! In case Fanny changes her mind after the film's success, I am sure that the people at Moulinsart will scrutinise the new adventure to the extent to make it as close as possible to the Hergé ones...
Triskeliae
#30 · Posted: 22 Jun 2008 21:50
charlotte:

Same here.

In the case of Spirou, Editions Dupuis have its rules.

To make a great Tintin parallel story, Moulinsart MUST demand quality, of course. If Moulinsart decided to grant that privilege, they won't let just anyone create a Tintin story. And they would supervise.

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!