Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Spirou et Fantasio

Page  Page 2 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

SmartTintin
#11 · Posted: 22 Jun 2008 08:09
LOL! That was cool. It shows that Spirou is in fact an adaptation of Tintin with similar qualities. Moreover the stories seem to be targetted at even younger audience, just like those in 'Jo, Zette and Jocko' adventures.

Anyway, do let me know if you find out more about the Marsupilami thing. Unfortunately, I don't understand French, but it will be great if you could get your hands on the earlier issue (last one with Marsupilami). It was 'Le faiseur d'or' written by Jean-Claude Fournier in 1970. Or maybe, Dupuis got an answer... Let's try to find out.
mct16
#12 · Posted: 22 Jun 2008 12:24
According to the French version of Wikipedia, Franquin owned the rights to the marsupilami and supervised the work on Fournier's "Le Faiseur d'Or" in which the creature last appeared in the Spirou adventures. After that, however, he blocked any further use of the animal.

Like Hergé, he probably thought that he was the only one who could do justice to his creation, though in 1986 he was persuaded by Marsu Productions to allow them to come up with their own series and sold them the rights. Marsu have since brought out a number of comic books and a TV series.

Since they are exploiting the creature, Marsu will not let Dupuis use it themselves.
SmartTintin
#13 · Posted: 22 Jun 2008 16:47
mct16

Hey, thanks for the valuable information! What about the Disney guys?! When did they get the rights? Who are Marsu Productions?
mct16
#14 · Posted: 22 Jun 2008 18:41
Marsu Productions are a comic book company. Their official website (in French I'm afraid) can be found at marsuproductions.com.

It was founded by Belgian ex-banker Jean-François Moyersoen who persuaded Franquin to sell him the rights to the Marsupilami, and later Gaston Lagaffe.

Franquin had no say in Spirou and Fantasio, having not been their original creator, but he did own the rights to spin-off characters from the series.

Marsu has since become the publisher of other popular, classic comic series, such as Natacha the air hostess - a sort of female Spirou who also originally came from Spirou magazine and Dupuis but is now no longer associated with them.

Disney launched the series in 1993, so they must have acquired the rights in about the late 80s, early 90s.

Hope this helps. Cheers.
Triskeliae
#15 · Posted: 22 Jun 2008 21:38
It helped plenty! Thanks!
SmartTintin
#16 · Posted: 25 Jun 2008 18:05
mct16
Thanks again for the information! It certainly helped!
mct16
#17 · Posted: 26 Jun 2008 19:18
Z comme Zorglub is the first of a trilogy of books which include L'ombre du Z and Panade à Champignac. You ought to buy the second one which is a direct continuation of Z comme Zorglub and answers various issues raised in it.

Panade à Champignac depends on your sense of humour. Franquin was at a low point at the time and the series appears to have gone with it, which is partly why he gave it up at that stage. You might what to check on opinions before buying it.

My own gavourite is QRN sur Bretzelburg which raises political and social issues in the great Tintin tradition.

Enjoy.
Triskeliae
#18 · Posted: 26 Jun 2008 22:11
I'll check the synopsis of that one on the site. I got La mauvaise tete today and I loved it!! I can see why Franquin's a favorite! I laughed so hard with Fantasio's temper, but especially, when he cries out- as he loses control of his bike and goes down a mountain- that he leaves everything in his will to Spirou! And the ending was hilarious!!
Triskeliae
#19 · Posted: 27 Jun 2008 15:25
mct16:
My own favourite is QRN sur Bretzelburg which raises political and social issues in the great Tintin tradition

I read the synopsis. Definetely inspired by the Ottokar's Sceptre!

I've read the story " The Valley of the Lost Souls" (La Vallée Des Bannis) by Tome and Janry and it is quite exciting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SXHISupa4o&feature=related

I also read " The Dreaming Machine"- the story that must have inspired the other Spirou parallel stories- and it blew me away!!! So did " The Journal of a Young Naive" (the most recent parallel story of Spirou, by E. Bravo) and this one mentions Tintin a lot! In fact, Spirou says he reads Tintin in Le Petit Vingtieme.
SmartTintin
#20 · Posted: 2 Jul 2008 06:54
Triskeliae:
In fact, Spirou says he reads Tintin in Le Petit Vingtieme.

Aha, well, I own all the Spirou English versions by Franquin. I am yet to read them all, but I don't think Franquin ever mentions about Tintin in his stories. I will let you know after I complete reading.

It's good to know that E. Bravo mentions Tintin in his parallel story but that the latest one published in 2008. Do you know whether any others had mentioned before?

Page  Page 2 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!