Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin books: different language editions

sponsz
#1 · Posted: 17 Aug 2004 18:18
At the Moment I found Tintin comics in 59 (!see Remark!) languages/dialects.
!REMARK!: I consider Portuguese and Brasilian , English US and English UK and Chinese (traditional and simplified) each as one language(?)
I would like to know if someone has found other languages not mentioned in my list below.
45 (!48!) Languages
<br/>1.AFRIKAANS-2.ARABIC-3.BASQUE-4.BENGALI-5.BULGARIAN-6.CASTILIAN-7 .CATALAN-8.CHINESE MANDARIN(SimplifiedCaracters and Classic Characters)-9.CZECH-10.DANISH-11.DUTCH-12.ENGLISH (AMERICAN and UK)- 13.ESPERANTO-14.FAROESE-15.FARSI-16.FINNISH-17.FRENCH-18.GERMAN-19.GRE EK-20.HEBREW-21.HUNGARIAN-22.I CELANDIC-23.INDONESIAN-24.ITALIAN-25.JAPANESE-26.KHMER-27.KOREAN-28.LA TIN-29.LUXEMBOURGOIS-30.MALESI AN- 31.NORWEGIAN-32.POLISH-33.POLYNESIAN(TAHITI)-34.PORTUGUESE (EUROPEAN and BRAZILIAN)-35.RHAETO ROMANIC-36.RUSSIAN-37.SEBIAN (LATINIC and CYRILLIC)-38.SINHALESE-39.SLOVAK-40.SLOVANIAN-41.SWEDISH-42.THAI-43.TI BETAN-44.TURKISH-45.VIETNAMESE
14 Dialects (Langues Régionale)
<br/>1.ALGUER-2.ALSATIAN-3.ASTURIAN-4.BERNESE GERMAN-5.BRETON-6.BRUSSELER-7.CORSICAN-8.GALLO-9.FRISIAN-10.GALICIAN-1 1.GAUMAIS-12.OCCITAN(Langue D'Oc)-13.PICARDESE-14.WELSH.
Kind Regards

sponsz
<br/>

I found a new dialect : Occitan (Provençal Mistralien)

Moderator Note: Welsh is a language in its own right, not a regional dialect.
GurraJG
#2 · Posted: 18 Aug 2004 16:14
sponsz
I consider Portuguese and Brasilian , English US and English UK and Chinese (traditional and simplified) each as one language(?)

Just so you know, the modern day Tintin books published in USA are copies of the UK ones. When Tintin was first published in America, they had different translations.

-Gustav
finlay
#3 · Posted: 29 Aug 2004 08:30
While the spoken Chinese dialects are all different to be considered seperate languages, but held together by the unity of the written language, a similar thing applies to simplified and traditional Chinese; they are really two different written languages, though not too different...

Also I'm pretty sure Brasilian has its own publisher, even if it doesn't use a different translation (indeed, does it?).

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!