Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin books: published by ETOR

sponsz
#1 · Posted: 18 Aug 2004 10:01
Spanish "Tintin" Fans found some interesting books in The National
Spanish Library.
They met the Publisher "ETOR" in Bilbao . "ETOR" was the first Publisher of Tintin Comics in BASQUE (Euskera) and he confirmed that only about 300 unites were published, so these books are as difficult to find as the Alguerés one.

The books were published in 1972 during General Franco time. Basque dialect was only talked then, so the writing of the books are not standardize language as today, the books are full of ortografic mistakes and are different traduction of The new ELKAR editions.
With Thanks to Antonio and Juan

Does somebody knows more about those "Basque" Tintins.
I'm looking to get one?
jon i
#2 · Posted: 17 Sep 2018 17:50
Sorry, but Basque (Euskera) is a pre-Indo-European language, not a dialect.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 18 Sep 2018 09:16
jon i:
Basque (Euskera) is a pre-Indo-European language, not a dialect

As the distinction between a dialect and a language is at best an arbitrary one, and has more to do with politics than linguistics, this is not an issue which can be given a definitive answer.
While you may have reasons to accept one side of the debate, the origins of Basque, and indeed even the subject of pre-Indo-European languages is still a source of differing opinion and speculation amongst experts, so we aren't going to be able to settle it here in a single sentence.
Anyway, it's hard to see where this point is meant to take us in the colonel's search for books by ETOR, although, after 14 years it's probable that if he is going to find one, he'll have done it by now!
jon i
#4 · Posted: 19 Sep 2018 22:50
The ETOR publised are three (TINTINen GERTAERA ARRIGARRIAK),TINTIN AMERIKETAN,TORNASOL ARAZOA AND OTTOKAR-EN ERREGE-MAKILLA.
jon i
#5 · Posted: 20 Sep 2018 06:09
jon i:
Sorry, but Basque (Euskera) is a pre-Indo-European language, not a dialect.

ETORs are written in a Basque dialect, like explain very well SPONSZ

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!