Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Spirou et Fantasio

Page  Page 3 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Triskeliae
#21 · Posted: 3 Jul 2008 13:35
In Tome and Janry's Spirou et Fantasio á Moscou, there is a frame of a Costume party. Look on the right: someone is disguised as Tintin.

http://www.spirou.spirou.com/albums/42/popup.htm?imgN=extr2b

In Franquin's La Mauvaise Tete (the one about Zantafio using a Mask of Fantasio to implicate him in the theft of an Egyptian Mask), check out the first frame of the last page. A journalist on the right. You can see his back, but that is Tintin!!

Also, in Tome and Janry's Adventure in Australia: Spirou, Fantasio and Seccotine take the Flight 714 to Sydney!!

SmartTintin: Don't forget to tell me how you liked the Franquin's books you received!
Triskeliae
#22 · Posted: 8 Jul 2008 01:29
SmartTintin:
It shows that Spirou is in fact an adaptation of Tintin with similar qualities. Moreover the stories seem to be targetted at even younger audience

That was about the frame I've shown here about Spirou being mistaken as Tintin in E. Bravo's parallel story.

Now that I received the book and read it, I can tell you that is targetted to adults. Fantasio meets Spirou, trying to get information from him for the newspaper. It was about a famous fashion designer and a boxer staying together in the hotel (of course, they aren't married) and, once the hotel room door closes, the couple gets wild, judging by the sounds they make! As soon as Spirou showed them the room and left, a scream was heard and Spirou's face turned almost as RED as his uniform!
Triskeliae
#23 · Posted: 16 Jul 2008 14:48
SmartTintin
How's the reading?
SmartTintin
#24 · Posted: 17 Jul 2008 09:18
Triskeliae:
SmartTintin
How's the reading?

Hey, sorry for late reply, been too busy these days. Well, I did read some books...

* Robot Blueprints and Four Other Stories
* Wizard of Culdesac
* Spirou and The Heirs
* Marsupilami Robbers
* Horn of The Rhinoceros

It's fantastic! I think you should try and get these English versions. It's real fun to read and enjoy Franquins' art. I realise that these books are targetted to adults, and not just kids. The translation is alright. Now I am looking forward to read more...
Triskeliae
#25 · Posted: 18 Jul 2008 04:05
The problem is that the only site that sells these titles in English is in INDIA!!!! (Cry!). Too expensive for me to order them!

I read QRN at Bretzelburg , by Franquin and Luna fatale (by Tome and Janry) and they are so funny!

I don't have any of the books you have read, but I ordered ' Les Heritiers' (The Heirs) and I'm waiting for that one to arrive! I like the stories with Zantafio. He's a more serious villain, unlike Zorglub (interesting villain, but so pathetic).

I also found- and ordered- in the web 2 volumes of the TV series of Spirou made in 1992 and 1993. I already own volume 1 of the most recent TV series: " Spirou & Fantasio" (2006). These last ones are too sci-fi. Not as good as the older ones. Yet, the animation is great and the comedy is there. Problem: they are in French, without subtitles and the DVD's are Region 2 ( I only can see them in my laptop).
SmartTintin
#26 · Posted: 18 Jul 2008 11:12
Oh well, anyway its good that you know French, so it doesn't matter. You can read all those French albums. Are they still in print?! I mean, the Franquin ones?

By the way, I am trying to get "Z is for Zorglub" and "Shadow of Z". These were published in English sometime in 1992. "Z is for Zorglub" pops up every once in a while on eBay. But, there is no news about "Shadow of Z". It seems ultra rare and maybe it had a very short print run. So, I have no idea from where I could fetch that one. Can you throw some light on this?

"Spirou and the Heirs" is a nice story, and as you said Zantafio is a realistic thoughtful villain. Actually he is an evil cousin of Fantasio. And this is the book in which Marsupilami debuts. Well, I don't want to reveal anything. Enjoy reading!

It's nice to know that you've ordered the 2 volume animation series. I wish they had English subtitles so I can order them. I have a multiregion DVD player, so that's not a problem.
george
#27 · Posted: 18 Jul 2008 15:05
SmartTintin:
Shadow of Z

I'm not convinced Shadow of Z was ever published. Things are often announced, even to the stage of getting an ISBN, but that doesn't guarantee they get put out. I'm sure I read somewhere that it never came out but I cannot find that quote any more.

George
SmartTintin
#28 · Posted: 18 Jul 2008 23:19
george:
I'm not convinced Shadow of Z was ever published. Things are often announced, even to the stage of getting an ISBN, but that doesn't guarantee they get put out. I'm sure I read somewhere that it never came out but I cannot find that quote any more.

Hey, thanks for the information! I do believe that such things happen, but there seems to be a wide spread rumour that this book has been published. I read that in Wikipedia. Even I came across some posts that mention the ultra rare aspect. Certainly I do like to believe that it never came out, but I'm afraid that might have created a Holy Grail feeling amongst serious BD collectors. Well, we can just laugh it off...
Triskeliae
#29 · Posted: 20 Jul 2008 13:42
SmartTintin:
You can read all those French albums. Are they still in print?! I mean, the Franquin ones?

Every single one of them!

SmartTintin:
It's nice to know that you've ordered the 2 volume animation series. I wish they had English subtitles so I can order them.

Volumes 3 and 4 are the only ones available and they have both languages: French and English. They ROCK! They are in Amazon and in allmusicimport.com. But, mind you: these stories are based on the books made by Tome and Janry. No Franquin here, unfortunately.

SmartTintin:
"Z is for Zorglub" pops up every once in a while on eBay.

And it is available through Amazon UK. But it is costly.
george
#30 · Posted: 25 Aug 2008 22:31
SmartTintin:
Hey, thanks for the information! I do believe that such things happen, but there seems to be a wide spread rumour that this book has been published

Just to confirm, the translator states that it never came out. I think that about settles it - I can stop looking for it as well!

George

Page  Page 3 of 6:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!