Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: General discussion

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Jeeves
#21 · Posted: 3 Feb 2008 03:50
Sorry! The site said that the copyrite laws had expired, but I guess I'm just kind of dumb.
FilmmakerPaul
#22 · Posted: 4 Feb 2008 17:14
I have seen a few episodes in Dutch. (Flemish, actually). I thought the Belgian voices suited the characters very well. But the thing I loved most about the animated series was the theme song. That theme is the best.
Mike Dutton
#23 · Posted: 28 Jul 2008 14:58
There was something I could never understand about one of the episodes: at the end of "The Crab with the Golden Claws Part 2", while Tintin and Allan are fighting on the boat, we see one shot of Haddock exclaiming, as though he's just seen Tintin in trouble, but the next thing we see is that Allan has a rope around him and he flies off the boat. Was something cut out of that part, because I tried to get a friend into the series, and he didn't understand it, so therefore refused to watch others.

Was something edited there?
number1fan
#24 · Posted: 29 Jul 2008 09:13
As the series goes on there is a lot of certain words the charcters use which is repeated more then once and is said in the same way.I imagine there must have been a few scenes cut out of all the cartoons.
Mr Blumenstein
#25 · Posted: 29 Jul 2008 16:14
They took Ivan out of the Black island and he was a match in strength to Tintin!
Jocko
#26 · Posted: 1 Aug 2008 12:35
Today the boxed set of all the 1991 series I ordered arrived, and I saw Cigars of the Pharaoh and the Blue Lotus, and I thought they were very well done. The only thing missing in Cigars of the Pharaoh was the part where the ship he was picked up by is smugglings arms. Otherwise, it was perfect. I especially loved the part where the gas in the tomb of Ki-Ohsk makes him hallucinate. Trippy.
cigars of the beeper
#27 · Posted: 1 Aug 2008 17:50
Jocko:
Today the boxed set of all the 1991 series I ordered arrived, and I saw Cigars of the Pharaoh and the Blue Lotus, and I thought they were very well done. The only thing missing in Cigars of the Pharaoh was the part where the ship he was picked up by is smugglings arms. Otherwise, it was perfect. I especially loved the part where the gas in the tomb of Ki-Ohsk makes him hallucinate. Trippy.

I was disappointed how they considerably changed the look of the inside of the Pharaoh's tomb. It is especially strange that they did that, considering that the opening sequence with the theme song features footage from Kih-Oskh's tomb that looks the same as it is in the books.
Mr Blumenstein
#28 · Posted: 5 Aug 2008 13:44
Definiteley the truest to Hergé so far, but I hate the fact that guns are hardly used in Cigars of the Pharaoh and why did they have to change loads of stuff like in The Blue Lotus?
They even made the person who served the opium in the den a good guy...
EmTin
#29 · Posted: 18 Jul 2010 11:53
I have the box set!! :) Anyone else? They're awesome - its great to see it come to life on-screen! The voices are just how you'd imagine and everything! BRILLIANT!

Thanks
EmTin (newbie!)
blisteringbarnacle
#30 · Posted: 23 Jan 2012 06:05
I love the Ellipse-Nelvana series! It was how I was introduced to Tintin. The theme song, the stories everything was just great. Tintin was a highlight of my Saturday mornings for a very long time.

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!