Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

What would their Digimon partners be?

Aileea
#1 · Posted: 3 Nov 2008 23:51
Please excuse me for creating one wacky topic after another, I swear this is the last one for a while. My imagination tends to running wild.

But I got the idea when I read the thread about Pokémon and some people said that they prefer Digimon, as do I.
Now, I wondered which Digimon partners the Tintin characters would get if they came to the Digiworld.

For Tintin, I would find Patamon quite fitting. It digivolves to the angel-like Angemon which I consider quite fitting for Tintin´s idealism and general goodness.
Oh, and I think that Snowy would be jealous of Patamon... or he would get a Digimon partner for his own. XD

For Haddock I´d say definately something ocean-related. There is the seal-like Gomamon, but it seems a bit too cute and plushy-like for Archie. I think, it would have to be a grown Ikkakumon for him, Gomamon´s champion level stage. (Ironically, Ikkakumons mega level, Marine Angemon, is all small and cute again and even pink.)

For the Thom(p)sons I would choose two Digimon who look very similar, perhaps Terriermon and Lopmon or a black and a white PawnChessmon.

For Calculus I think it´s more difficult... perhaps Tentomon, as it was the partner of the "scientist" of the group in the "Digimon" series. Or Falcomon because it looks like an owl.

What do you think about this?
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 4 Nov 2008 01:00
I don't know. That's a bit left field. Digimon was definitely better than Pokemon but still nothing great (although I do find the creativity of the creature designers is impressive).
tintinspartan
#3 · Posted: 4 Nov 2008 16:02
I was once a hardcore fan of the digimon series and i kept 30 episodes of Digimon Season 1 in my closet for 7 years now. I wondered where did the hype of Digimon went after these 7 years. I recalled times when i was 8 years old. I remembered my schoolmates bringing toy 'digibits' to school and would play them on the school bus to and from school.

In my opinion, Digimon seems to be more better than Pokemon in terms of storyline. I don't believe the Pokemon franchise would run on for 10 years now and it's still playing on my local tv network ever since, and it never even have a season finale. It's like after one complete season is finished, another season of the TV show would start the next week. Note that Pokemon is screened in Singapore every weekend. It's been airing every weekend and i don't believe it would be able to compete with newer cartoons like Ben 10 or Avatar.

Now,

For Tintin. I rather stick with the cute Patamon, that befriended with Takeru in Season 1.

Haddock would be the seal-like digimon that befriended Jo Kido in Season 1.

I am not sure of the monster's names now since i never watched Digimon for 7 years and the last episode i watched is Episode 30. The episode where all the characthers managed to make it back home and there was this comical scence in the episode where 2 of the digimons got hit by a subway train, mistaken for the enemy digimons.
Aileea
#4 · Posted: 4 Nov 2008 16:47
tintinspartan:
Haddock would be the seal-like digimon that befriended Jo Kido in Season 1.

Yes, that´s Gomamon.
Mirirocks67
#5 · Posted: 4 Nov 2008 17:12
Like above, I always prefered Digimon over to Pokemon. Sure, not the best anime out there, but I liked it.
Digimon had more of a plot, while Pokemon (except the films) was always the same. Only one pet peeve with me was that the Digimon (until Season Three) had no personality whatsoever. I did like how the main Digimon in Tamers each had different characteristics and more relationships than only with their partner.

I agree with some others that Tintin's best companion would be Patamon.
Also Haddock would have Ikkakumon.
The Thompsons, I don't think that Terriermon and Lopmon look good, cause they're too cute and cuddly. LOL

And seeing that Tentomon's human partner was the only Brainiac of all seasons(well, I don't know much of Savers and while Ken was smart, it was because of those seeds...) so Calcukus gets a Tentomon.

How about Digimons for other characters? Chang, Castafiore...?

How about Abdallah with Impmon, seeing as they're both big pranksters. :P
Aileea
#6 · Posted: 4 Nov 2008 19:18
Impmon for Abdallah is great. ^^

Hm, Chang, Castafiore... phew, I'll have to think about that.
Mirirocks67
#7 · Posted: 7 Nov 2008 16:07
However I can't see my fave digimon in this. They wouldn't
go well.
tintinsgf
#8 · Posted: 21 Jan 2012 11:04
Whoa I never knew a thread like this exists!

Aside from Ikkakumon, I think Seadramon can also be Haddock's Digimon partner. Bot of these digimons are an awesome sea animal digimon (Whamon could become a choice too, but unfortunately his movements are restricted only in the seas).

As for Chang, I think he can have Renamon as his Digimon partner. I can't exactly tell the reason, but I have the feeling that Renamon somehow suits Chang.

Castafiore can have a "girly" digimon like Palmon, although I'm not sure what might be her digimon partner.

(goodness I revive old thread... x_x)

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!