Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Things I never noticed in Tintin comics until now

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Harrock n roll
#31 · Posted: 19 Oct 2008 13:07
Karaboudjan:
he passes a poster for an Orson Welles film called 'ME'. Makes me wonder who it was originally ...

It's Sacha Guitry in 'Moi' in the French original. Like Orson Welles, Guitry had a reputation for directing, writing and starring in his films. It's a nice little substitution by the English translators to keep the joke intact!
BlackIsland
#32 · Posted: 31 Oct 2008 13:20
I think there is so mnay things if you look for them. You can notice new things everytime you read any of the books long enough.
cigars of the beeper
#33 · Posted: 31 Oct 2008 20:35
Harrock n roll:
It's Sacha Guitry in 'Moi' in the French original. Like Orson Welles, Guitry had a reputation for directing, writing and starring in his films. It's a nice little substitution by the English translators to keep the joke intact!

Of course, even though it wasn't Orson Welles originally, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't have been. Apparently Herge saw a lot of American movies, particularly Marx brothers and Charlie Chaplin.
Harrock n roll
#34 · Posted: 19 Nov 2008 10:08
cigars of the beeper:
Of course, even though it wasn't Orson Welles originally, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't have been. Apparently Herge saw a lot of American movies, particularly Marx brothers and Charlie Chaplin.

Sorry Cigars, I didn't notice your reply 'til just now.
I think one of the reasons it couldn't have been Orson Welles originally is that Citizen Kane, Welles first film, was released in 1941, only 2 years prior to Red Rackham's Treasure (1943), so Welles hadn't really had time to establish a reputation as a director/producer/actor/writer in the way Guitry had. Guitry had been making his films a little earlier, since the early 30s.

Also, Citizen Kane had been largely overlooked (for a number of reasons) and didn't get released in Europe until after the war, so Hergé most likely wouldn't have seen it until then, if he ever did. However, I like to think that Hergé did get to see Welles films and liked them!
IvanIvanovitch
#35 · Posted: 4 Dec 2008 07:03
I noticed something yesterday in the Calculus Affair. Tintin and Captain are hiding from Sponz in the Opera House. In one frame, Tintin prods a dozing Captain as Snowy glares out at the reader. Before reading on, I spotted a handkerchief around Snowy's muzzle. Apparently his performance in the Seven Crystal Balls was not to be repeated. :)
Voluma
#36 · Posted: 4 Dec 2008 15:45
The Captain has turquoise slippers. :)
totorsghost
#37 · Posted: 7 Jul 2009 15:22
On page 32 of Tintin and the Picaros, in the last panel there is a stark naked child running through the background of the Arumbaya village. It isn't lewd or anything but I was still quite surprised to notice it.
snowybella
#38 · Posted: 10 Jul 2017 03:45
It's been a while since I noticed this, but still -

In Prisoners of the Sun, page 53, frame 4, Snowy is seen smoking Captain Haddock's pipe!
CaptainFatstock
#39 · Posted: 13 Aug 2017 22:54
I never noticed that Tintin only has like 2 shirts. White shirt and a yellow shirt.
jock123
#40 · Posted: 13 Aug 2017 23:39
CaptainFatstock:
Tintin only has like 2 shirts

He wears a blue shirt at the start of King Ottokar's Sceptre, as Mikael pointed out recently in a Facebook page discussion about the famous sign in Brussels, which also shows Tintin with a blue collar.
It's also possible he's wearing a blue shirt as he boards the 'plane at the end of Flight 714
Even then, while it's possible to identify the limited number of colours, it's entirely possible that he has more than one shirt in each colour...

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!