Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

10th of January: Happy Birthday Tintin and Snowy!

Page  Page 4 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next » 

Rexmilou
#31 · Posted: 9 Jan 2009 16:28
At one of the Tintin and Snowy Markets in Brussels I purchased a year 2000 Christmas card signed by Fanny and Nick. There is a wonderful picture of Snowy feasting his eyes on a crate of Champagne - a big smile - he has a way of saying it all. That Snowy .... what a dog! (last line of The Adventures in the Congo). They are the best companions and together they continue to bring much adventure and happiness into our lives. Happy birthday to you both!
IvanIvanovitch
#32 · Posted: 10 Jan 2009 22:45
Happy birthday, Tintin! Happy birthday, Snowy! This is a great day for perhaps the best-known strip character in the world. Eighty years, and going strong! Tintin is truly timeless.
Aurore
#33 · Posted: 11 Jan 2009 01:01
Bonne fête, mon ami!!
tintinspartan
#34 · Posted: 11 Jan 2009 06:02
Happy Birthday to Tintin and Snowy. It's wonderful that one of the most famous cultral icons have passed the 80 years old mark. As a tribute, i painted a NASCAR Cup Car in NASCAR Racing 4 for the PC in a special Tintin livery. I can't post the car here since i believe it's agaisnt forum rules.

Anyway, i am back from a brief absence just to celebrate my love for Tintin.
Tintinrulz
#35 · Posted: 11 Jan 2009 11:58
Happy birthday Tintin! Enjoy your 80 years of adventuring and fighting the bad guys. Why not come down to Australia some time?
IvanIvanovitch
#36 · Posted: 13 Jan 2009 00:44
Tintinrulz:
Why not come down to Australia some time?

You know, I believe he did stop by for the International Astronautical Congress in Sydney.
Tintinrulz
#37 · Posted: 13 Jan 2009 07:02
Yes, that's true but we didn't see that 'report' of his.
separtedTINTIN
#38 · Posted: 15 Jan 2009 15:29
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINTIN AND MILOU.

IF YOU WERE REALLY HERE, YOU COULD HAVE HEARD ME.
samvanrensburg
#39 · Posted: 22 Jan 2009 02:54
Sorry I missed your 80th Birthday, Tintin! Can't wait to see your movie. Hopefully this year.
appletree
#40 · Posted: 14 Feb 2009 19:02
Portugal celebrated Tintin’s 80th birthday with an exhibition at the Dr. Louzã Henriques museum, in Lousã, Portugal.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Rua+Dr.+Pi res+de+Carvalho+3200-238+Lous%C3%A3,+Portugal&sll=40.110883,-8.247521& sspn=0.34292,0.727844&g=Lous%C3%A3,+Portugal&ie=UTF8&ll=40.114913,-8.2 48168&spn=2.742999,5.822754&z=8

Carlos Sêco, Portuguese tintinologist and ADH, gathered numerous objects, books, games, newspapers, magazines and other collectibles from various private collections regarding Hergé and his masterpiece.

Among the rarities one could find a copy of “Moscou sans voiles” (Hergé’s inspiration for Tintin’s first adventure, “La legende d’ Albert I Roi des belges” with Hergé’s drawings and another La Fontaine’s fables with Benjamin Rabier’s (author of Tintin Lutin, a possible inspiration for Hergé’s Tintin) drawings, as well as one “Le Soir” Newspaper, dated September 7, 1943, with a Tintin strip.

FECO-Portugal (Cartoonists association) joined in with a series of pastiches. This exhibition, promoted by Trevim Cooperative, had the support of Humorgrafe and Câmara Municipal da Lousã (Lousã’s municipal council). 16th January – 15th February 2009.

A photo and video coverage of the exhibition (do try the slideshow view) may be found at http://my.opera.com/macieira_law/blog/extra-tintin-s-80th-birthday-in- portugal

Page  Page 4 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!