Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Your Favourite "Tintin" Books?

Page  Page 6 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next » 

King Ottokar of Syldavia
#51 · Posted: 8 Jan 2008 06:30
My favourite would definately have to be The Blue Lotus. Not only does it mark a major change in Herge's destinctive art style but it is also notable in its maturity and diversity. Herge's drawings are amazing in their detail and the thriller storyline flows gently thorugh the carefully constructed plot structure. Herge's attempts to break from the sterotypical bindings of the previous books are commendable in their contribution to the overall realism. Also contributing to this realsim is the sharp political satire.
Other favourite Tintin albums are:
Secret of the Unicorn(riveting mystery plot)
Calculus Affair (a brilliant thriller with excellent detail in every area. The satirical mirroring of a east European bloc facist dictatorship during the cold war is exceptionally clever)
Red Sea Sharks (another brilliant thriller plot, hosts a wide range of the Tintin 'family')
Grey
#52 · Posted: 22 Feb 2008 18:36
My top favourites are:

King Ottokar's Sceptre
Tintin in Tibet
The Black Island
Moon series

And those happen to be my favourites from the animated series aswell.
Triskeliae
#53 · Posted: 17 Mar 2008 03:56
For me, "The Black Island"! It was the first one I saw on TV through the Ellipse-Nelvana series. I turned on the TV and the story was in the middle of an action sequence. Before that, I only guessed they were animated series and that the name of the main character suggested childish material...until I saw "The Black Island"! This story opened a world of possibilities for me! After that, I learned about the original comic book series and about Hergé. Now, I have all the books, the DVD's, you name it.

I have other favorites, but "The Black Island" will always be my first!
Grey
#54 · Posted: 17 Mar 2008 10:11
The Black Island is just.. brilliant! It's just a great story, with the lovely colours in the backgrounds. =D.
Triskeliae
#55 · Posted: 17 Mar 2008 13:24
Yeah! And the Kiltoch scenery's so picturesque! Tintin looks cute with a kilt.

One of my favorite parts from the book is when Wronzoff attacks Tintin with a simple martial arts move and he goes bragging that that was jiu-jitsu. Tintin really looks enraged on that one. And...Surprise! Tintin proved he didn't have to use such a refined fighting style to bring him down! LOL
BlackIsland
#56 · Posted: 21 Mar 2008 01:08
Man there are so many for me but I can name a few off the bat:

King Ottokar's Sceptre
Calculous Affair
The Black Island
Red Sea Sharks
Land of Black Gold
Leviticus
#57 · Posted: 13 Feb 2009 13:59
They're all enjoyable, so I can't pick just one. But my favourites are probabaly:

The Blue Lotus
Tintin in Tibet
King Ottokar's Sceptre
The Black Island
The Moon series
jolyon496
#58 · Posted: 14 Feb 2009 06:14
Mine are:

The Broken Ear
King Ottokar's Sceptre
The Blue Lotus
The Red Sea Sharks
Flight 714
The Secret Of The Unicorn
The Castafiore Emerald
Tintin and the Picaros
Mullergirl
#59 · Posted: 18 Feb 2009 18:33
Here are my favorite Tintins, in order:

1. Land of Black Gold - I like this one because I really like Muller and Abdullah.
2. The Black Island - This one also has a lot of Muller.
3. Tintin in America - I love the plot.
4. Tintin and the Picaros - This one also has a really good plot.
5. The Seven Crystal Balls - I like this one because it's kind of scary.
6. Prisoners of the Sun - I like the Incas.
7. The Shooting Star - The race between the two ships is great.
8. Destination Moon - This one has a lot of funny, silly parts.
9. King Ottokar's Sceptre - I like the part where they're trying to get the sceptre.
10. Flight 714 - I like how they get trapped on the island.
waruna
#60 · Posted: 23 Feb 2009 10:21
my best tintin books are:

01-TinTin and Picaros
02-The Calculus Affair
03-black gold
04-Lake of sharks (unofficial tintin book)

:-)

Page  Page 6 of 11:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!