Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin & Friends: How old are they?

Page  Page 3 of 16:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15  16  Next » 

nestor
#21 · Posted: 5 Sep 2004 21:29
Tinyin drinks beer at a pub in a couple of the earlier books, so what was the legal drinking age in europe in the 1930s and 40s?
OJG
#22 · Posted: 5 Sep 2004 22:36
I think that it's pretty obvious that the characters have no real age-therefore they don't age, much like the Simpsons for example. Tintin drinks alcohol and drives cars etc., but this is all a fantasy world. I'm don't think that Hergé intended people to see the characters as any one age; that's part of the beauty of Tintin.

My personal viewpoint (Tintin in America onwards) is that Tintin is between 20 and 22, Haddock 50ish and Calculus late 50s or early 60s.
skut
#23 · Posted: 9 Sep 2004 22:25
Tintin is 19, everyone knows that! :o)
finlay
#24 · Posted: 12 Sep 2004 13:03
As an aside, how old is Haddock? I would say a decade older, certainly less than 40, while Calculus is in his mid to late 40s.
Really? I'd have said that Haddock was in his forties. At least.
Martine
#25 · Posted: 9 Oct 2004 20:21
In my country, you can get a license by the age of 18. Mind, you can also do everything else: dring, smoke, gamble, kill a man, and go to jail for it.
I know that in the US you need to be 21 to drink...?

Also, note that Tintin is quite 'hormoneless', but sometimes that's got nothing to do with age...!
theone
#26 · Posted: 10 Oct 2004 02:38
Martine:
Also, note that Tintin is quite 'hormoneless', but sometimes that's got nothing to do with age...!

Actually, a majority of the characters seem to be hormoneless. Besides, just because someone doesn't say things out loud doesn't mean he doesn't think them!
Martine
#27 · Posted: 10 Oct 2004 16:20
o__O
Don't say that!! ...erm...it just doesn't seem they're thinking about that stuff either...!
theone
#28 · Posted: 10 Oct 2004 20:37
Hahaha, okay, it's safe to say this is just a book so it doesn't always have to realistic.

But to be on the realistic side - there havent been many interactions with any women who weren't twenty years older than Tintin.
Martine
#29 · Posted: 10 Oct 2004 22:48
IMO, it's cos he's actually a kid, so any interaction with an actual woman would've been a big no-no.
theone
#30 · Posted: 10 Oct 2004 23:22
He doesn't really seem like a kid to me. I mean, he lives on his own, can drive, seems to have skill in firearms and veichles. I always thought he was around 23-26

Page  Page 3 of 16:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15  16  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!