Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintinland: The imaginary theme-park

Page  Page 2 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 5 Sep 2004 00:50
I have now returned the missing punctuation to the original post – I hope it doesn’t fall off again!
OJG
#12 · Posted: 5 Sep 2004 17:01
Yeah, that would be fantastic! How about a chinatown quarter where you can have a ride with a rickshaw man and visit the famous Blue Lotus, where you could try the rather unorthadox method of smoking or just lie down and chill out? Or maybe something like 'Escape Dr Muller's Estate', where you must work your way through a sort of obstacle course, evading man traps and aggressive dogs, amongst other things. If you got caught, you could then be forced to try and escape Dr Muller. Top prize to those who escape the estate without being caught, and smaller prizes should you get caught but manage to evade Muller! Plus a small bonus for the most innovative method of escape.

The logistics of such a project would be quite frightening, but who cares? It would be worth it, that's for sure!

Perhaps if they perfect some sort of holo-technology like in Star Trek we'd be able to see some of these places in perfect detail-by-detail realism. Don't suppose it'll happen any time soon though!
Tintinrulz
#13 · Posted: 6 Sep 2004 00:37
Also at Dr Muller's Estate grounds you will have to remember to dodge the fox trap or you will be in for a painful suprise and Tintinland will not compensate you because its all part of the realistic vision of Tintinland!
Jyrki21
#14 · Posted: 6 Sep 2004 01:12
Also at Dr Muller's Estate grounds you will have to remember to dodge the fox trap or you will be in for a painful suprise and Tintinland will not compensate you because its all part of the realistic vision of Tintinland!

Don't worry, Tintinland is well-covered by Rock Bottom Insurance Co.â„¢. They can handle lawsuits. ;)
Tintinrulz
#15 · Posted: 6 Sep 2004 03:53
Oh, dear! And get talked to death by Jolyon Wagg just like in the comics in the process! (ha ha)
jock123
#16 · Posted: 6 Sep 2004 07:12
Please! Tintinland will be good, honest family fun! Can we keep speculations to such areas? My original vision contains nothing which could not turn up in a real life park – if you wish to go and build RastapopoulosWorld full of traps, drugs and mayhem, go ahead. Any more of this, and Richard might cancel his booking!
OJG
#17 · Posted: 6 Sep 2004 12:09
Now There's an idea!

My apologies,jock123, I did rather move off of the point.
Richard
UK Correspondent
#18 · Posted: 6 Sep 2004 23:04
I'm still coming ! Will I be able to get accomodation within the park itself ? It sounds like there's quite a lot to see and do, and a couple of days would probably be best. What is the catering like - will Cutts be able to provide hamburgers ?
marsbar
#19 · Posted: 7 Sep 2004 00:12
I expect to find there a kebab stand set up by the good folks from Khemed! For entertainment, a piano concert by Igor Wagner would be nice. :)
Jyrki21
#20 · Posted: 7 Sep 2004 05:44
What is the catering like - will Cutts be able to provide hamburgers ?

I'm told there's a full meal deal, with a Cuttsburger, fries and a medium Sani-Cola for a decent price...

For us vegetarians, some Khemedite falafel might do the trick, although I believe one or two vegetarian dishes can be had at the Sondonesian restaurant near gate 'C'.

Page  Page 2 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!