Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin books /

Secret of 'The Unicorn': "Le naufrage de la Licorne" pirate edition?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 7 Sep 2004 13:58
Thanks for the info, Pat!

Just looked at the link, and I couldn't quite understand the detail: is it correct that they are including some previously-unpublished episodes in their re-printing?
And secondly, what are the A5 albums they are talking about, and how do you get them?
I think it says that you will have to cut something out, but I couldn't work out if they were pages for you to collect your strips on, or an album that you send away for - or something else entirely!

And does anyone know if the Belgian Le Soir has an outlet in London??
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#12 · Posted: 7 Sep 2004 17:38
On Objectif Tintin, you'll find two bits of informations about the Le Soir newspaper:

1) The opportunity to get, every wednesday from September 15th to October 27th, A5 Tintin albums.
These are "normal" albums, the only difference will be the size.

2) From September 10th (for 58 days), Le Soir will republish, daily, the original strips of Le Secret de La Licorne.
edcharlesadams
Trivia Challenge Score Keeper
#13 · Posted: 8 Sep 2004 00:29
This is encouraging news - it shows that Moulinsart are happy to allow the original formats of these stories into the public domain. Hopefully soon we'll be able to see all the strips of the Le Soir years presented in book form - and then maybe an English version...?

Ed
patrick
#14 · Posted: 8 Sep 2004 09:59
The A5 albums are indeed "normal" albums, ie, they're not black-and-white versions containing the strips from Le Soir.
As far as I know, Casterman and / or Moulinsart do not plan to publish a book containg these strips, so you will have to collect them daily if you want to reconstitute the full story.

Le Soir will publish 3 strips a day during 58 days (174 strips in total). It has an outlet in London, of course. Just send them an e-mail to find out the address.
By the way, I got in touch with Le Soir and they told me that La Licorne will be the only story they will re-publish as:
- Shooting Star is too controversial
- they've lost the original drawings from Red Rackham
- 7 Boules was unfinished

Best,

Patrick
Harrock n roll
#15 · Posted: 10 Sep 2004 15:15
I was at Borders bookshop in London's west-end and saw that they have a slot for Le Soir... which was empty. Whilst looking at the other foreign newspapers there I noticed most of them retail from £1 upwards - which means it would set you back at least £58 to buy the entire series from there...
jock123
#16 · Posted: 13 Sep 2004 20:24
My girlfriend, who is smarter about these things than me, discovered that you can go on-line, and buy Le Soir as PDF files. They have a week's worth available at a time, it seems. [Expired link removed]

The rates are as follows:
15 editions for 15€
35 editions for 30€
75 editions for 60€

Which is cheaper than Chris's research at Borders suggests it would be, is guaranteed delivery, makes the problem of storage minimal, and saves a tree or two.

You can actually download the front page for free, so if you look now, the last week's covers that are there all have Tintin images on them. There are also supplementary articles and illustrations promoting the strip on the web-site.

It really is a model of efficiency to use, and unlike any site here I have encountered. Kudos to the staff at Le Soir on-line!

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!