Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

"Tozo the Public Servant" by David O'Connell

jock123
#1 · Posted: 30 Apr 2009 13:03
I just stumbled across this clear-line web-comic (doing one of those serendipitous "click on an odd link, not going to where you expected, and then seeing a link to something even more interesting" things - isn't hypertext fun?), and thought that others here might be interested.

I detect that Garen may already be aware of this strip*, as The Rainbow Orchid gets a link off the page, and Tozo's author was at the Crystal Palace book event last weekend which tybaltstone did the poster for...).

His main influence is Moebius, but as he says Winsor McKay and Hergé have been listed as influences on Moebius, so they are "mixed in"; actually I think he's being modest, because his work has a style all it's own with flavours of his influences.

The story starts here.

Enjoy!

*Update: Garen not only knows of it, I find that he has interviewed the author!
jock123
#2 · Posted: 9 Aug 2012 15:23
David O’Connell’s epic clear line web-comic Tozo - The Public Servant reached the end of its first saga yesterday, after five years of thrills, spills, intrigue and high drama!

Congratulations to him on keeping going for so long with such a mammoth project, which has maintained a superb level of quality throughout its long run. I can heartily recommend it, and hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.

It should be mentioned that the Tozo web-comic also has a “real world” version, for those who prefer their comic fix “old school”: get the individual chapters as separate issues, and/ or pick up a copy of the forthcoming collected edition!

Tozo and David’s other comics available at his online store.

And fear not, Tozo *will* return next year in “Tozo – the Empire of the Spider” - and it all kicks off on Wednesday, September 4th, 2013, so mark it in your diary!

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!