Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Which adventure are you currently lost in?

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

number1fan
#11 · Posted: 19 Apr 2009 12:25
Jock,how did you find the Facsilmie of The black island its currently my favorite book at the moment sheer greatness.Oh and im just about to get lost in the black white edition of Tintin in the Congo
Voluma
#12 · Posted: 5 May 2009 20:10
The Crab With The Golden Claws. Utter classic, even if some of the drawings are a bit rubbish. Oh, and The Shooting Star, because I've decided I want to teach my sister that "Fidgy fidgy fidgy! Boodle boodle boodle! Aye Aye Ayeyeee!" thing that Archie and Chester do.

Oh, and I watched The Broken Ear last night.
number1fan
#13 · Posted: 5 May 2009 21:18
Ahh you can never go wrong with The Broken Ear.I agree at the beggining of the book (Crab with the Golden Claws) the drawings look differnt but far from rubbish.
Leviticus
#14 · Posted: 6 May 2009 13:56
I love the beginning of Crab With The Golden Claws! I first saw it in the TV series first though, and thought it was awesome.

I'm going to start Le Sceptre d'Ottokar after i was half way through Destination Moon but couldn't be bothered finishing it because I've read it a lot.
Voluma
#15 · Posted: 6 May 2009 17:44
number1fan:
I agree at the beggining of the book (Crab with the Golden Claws) the drawings look differnt but far from rubbish.

We'll just have to agree to disagree! I think the drawings are nowhere near as good as in the books that come afterwards, but that's just my opinion.
jock123
#16 · Posted: 6 May 2009 22:11
number1fan:
Jock,how did you find the Facsilmie of The black island

Sorry, Terry, I missed this when you posted it! I thought it was great; Black Island has always been a real favourite of mine, and I've had both the French colour facsimile, and the Dossier versions for a while - and now in English!
Great stuff! I actually rate all the versions, and if you are a fan, the Dossier, which has the B&W and both colour versions side-by-side is definitely worth considering - although a bit too large to sit comfortably on the lap in bed!
Voluma:
Utter classic, even if some of the drawings are a bit rubbish.

I'd be interested to know which you consider sub-parr.
waruna
#17 · Posted: 7 May 2009 05:36
I'm going to start Tintin in Tibet again. I read The Picaros last night
Morganson
#18 · Posted: 7 May 2009 09:33
Leviticus:
Do people read through them in chronological order? Or they just read whatever they fancy at that current time?

I've always just read them in random order, except for maybe the two-parters, and I've even reread those differently. I've never read them in chronological #1-#24, but I plan to. I've read the first two so far, but I don't own all the albums so it will be a bit before I read Tintin in America.
rastapoper
#19 · Posted: 9 May 2009 11:52
Picaros I´m reading.
waruna
#20 · Posted: 10 May 2009 08:24
I'm going to start Black Island tonight!!!

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!