Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other works by Hergé /

Quick & Flupke: Egmont to publish in English

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

comixfanboy
#1 · Posted: 12 Apr 2009 04:47
Folks,
Some great news - Quick & Flupke will be published by Egmont this fall! Finally! This was long overdue. Only two of them are out so far:
Fasten Your Seat Belt
Full Sail

Enjoy folks!
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 12 Apr 2009 15:51
I noticed these too on the Amazon UK site a few weeks ago:
Fasten Your Seat Belt.
Full Sail

I assume these are two of the eleven (or was it twelve?) volumes that were published in India in 2007?
The other titles were: Forbidden Games, Everything's Fine, It's Your Turn, Without Mercy, Excuse Me Ma'am, Long Live Progress, Catastrophe, Pranks and Jokes and Bluffmasters.

And it's about time too!
Harrock n roll
#3 · Posted: 26 Apr 2009 13:28
Apologies for the double post, but I noticed Amazon have updated their links (given in the previous post above) so they now show the book covers. Although, they've got them mixed up, so that each is showing the cover to the other one. Also, the title of "Full sail" seems to be "Under Full Sail", going by the cover.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 25 May 2009 12:08
For anyone wanting the Indian versions to add to their collections, there is a link to the publisher's website in this thread.

Moderator Note: N.B. (2022) The Indian publisher no longer produces the Q&F series.
daveahl
#5 · Posted: 26 Jun 2009 16:04
I contacted EuroBooks in India plus several book vendors in India and none of them will ship to any country except India and Sri Lanka.
The books cost only 199r in India (about $4 US) and shipping should be fairly modest, but apparently EuroBooks' licence for Q&F does not permit them to sell to other parts of the world.
jock123
#6 · Posted: 6 Aug 2009 13:28
I forgot to mention this yesterday, when I spoke about visiting the Rainbow Orchid artwork display at Foyle's, but I've now seen the first two volumes of the new edition of Quick & Flupke for sale - they were not only shelved with the Tintin, Asterix, B&M, RO, etc., but displayed on a feature wall, just as you entered the Children's section.
george
#7 · Posted: 6 Aug 2009 22:02
jock123:
I forgot to mention this yesterday, when I spoke about visiting the Rainbow Orchid artwork display at Foyle’s,

Bugger... I went in to Foyles today and bought both Q&F volumes but completely forgot to look out for the Rainbow Orchid display...

The Herge books look nice though - today they were shelved with the usual suspects, but the wall feature is still there (one shelf devoted to each book separated by a shelf devoted to a Tintin volume - I forget which).

George
Harrock n roll
#8 · Posted: 7 Aug 2009 12:24
I received my copies from Amazon a few days ago. One thing intrigues me: it says the translation is by David Radzinowicz, but someone mentioned in the thread about their release in India that they were translated by M.T. and L.L.C. Also, there's the alternate titles - "Full Sail" and "Under Full Sail" - so are these completely different to the Eurobooks edition?

And another thing: at the back Egmont have listed one of the Jo, Zette & Jocko books as "Mr. Plumps Legacy"! Oops :-)
jock123
#9 · Posted: 7 Aug 2009 13:52
Harrock n roll:
Also, there's the alternate titles - "Full Sail" and "Under Full Sail" - so are these completely different to the Eurobooks edition?

Hmm...! I notice that Amazon (allowing for the fact that they have swapped the cover pics between the two listings) give the title as Full Sail in the description (as per the illustration of the EuroBooks version), although the book in the picture itself says Under Full Sail, as it does in actuality.
Rather than this being a case of there being two versions of the book, I wonder if this is in fact similar to that old Tintin and the Broken Ear/ The Broken Ear chestnut, where the advertising copy produced in advance has been made up using one title, and the book has been altered before going to press?
Does anyone actually have the EuroBooks version to confirm what the title of the book is given as there?
Harrock n roll
#10 · Posted: 7 Aug 2009 19:18
jock123:
Rather than this being a case of there being two versions of the book, I wonder if this is in fact similar to that old Tintin and the Broken Ear/ The Broken Ear chestnut

I think that's quite possible because we've seen the mock-ups covers they send to Amazon, etc. are often different to the finished article.
To make things more complicated I noticed that the cover shown at the Eurobooks website (scroll down a bit) has "Full Sail" in the description and on the cover, but I guess that still doesn't prove anything.
Unfortunately, Eurobooks won't ship the Q&F books out of India/Sri Lanka (otherwise I would have bought them years ago), but if anybody who owns them there would let us know...?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!