Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

[Closed] Tintin in America: black and white facsimile - release date

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

jockosjungle
#11 · Posted: 20 Aug 2004 10:31
Amazon.co.uk has a picture of the book and has it down as Unavailable with a release date of 1 May 04. But they won't let you order it from them, so whether they'll get any stock is another matter

Rik
Harrock n roll
#12 · Posted: 10 Sep 2004 15:02
I was at the Tintin Shop in London today and now unfortunately both books have sold out (the other being the new "Congo") - they must have had them in stock for all of 2 weeks, which I suppose is a testimony to Tintin's popularity i.e. they can't seem to keep up with demand. I'm sure these books could sell a tremendous amount if they were given more publicity and a wider distribution. I was assured that they will be getting more in ...

Also, I thought I would just mention here that I pointed out to one of the staff at the Tintin Shop that the "America" is credited to Michael Turner alone. They hadn't noticed before and seemed positive that it was a printing error.
Big Ren
#13 · Posted: 10 Sep 2004 17:09
Searching for this book online I noticed that the Last Gasp edition is now due 30th November 2004.

they must have had them in stock for all of 2 weeks
More like one week! I went in 27th August and they had none left :(

N.B. there are two threads on this subject - here in 'Tintin news and events' and also in 'Tintin books'.
admin
Administrator
#14 · Posted: 11 Sep 2004 00:34
Big Ren wrote: N.B. there are two threads on this subject - here in 'Tintin news and events' and also in 'Tintin books'.

The one in 'Tintin news and events' forum (i.e. this thread) is for news relating to the album (e.g. changes in release date).

The thread in 'Tintin Books' forum, 'Tintin in America - English black and white facsimile', is for in depth discussion.

For general discussion on the facsimile books, there is the thread, 'Tintin black and white facsimiles - general discussion'.

Hope this helps to clear up the confusion. :)
marsbar
#15 · Posted: 26 Nov 2004 23:11
The book is finally available in Australia. :-D I saw many copies at Kinokuniya yesterday (AUD 43.70 each). Fans interested in visiting or ordering from Kinokuniya on George Street, Sydney, please see our Tintin Shops Directory - Australia for contact details.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

This topic is closed.