Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / [Archive/read-only] Tintin Trivia Challenge /

Question time

Page  Page 3 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

tuhatkauno
#21 · Posted: 2 Jun 2009 06:39
Here's something more about this tanned man:

He is a man who never laughs. He likes bright colours but unlike his mates he doesn't wear a hat.
Harrock n roll
#22 · Posted: 2 Jun 2009 17:18
I was going to sit this one out, but since nobody's worked it out...

I think the answer might be Chiquito. There's a banana exporter called chiquita and since you said the person was a banano, not a banana, the 'a' replaces the 'o'.

I may be wrong though because you said he never wears a hat, but I think Chiquito wears one towards the end of Prisoners Of The Sun at the Inca temple?
tuhatkauno
#23 · Posted: 2 Jun 2009 18:15
Harrock n roll

You are right again :-)

Oh yes he does wear a hat, in one frame. Sorry, this always happens, no matter how clever you try to be. He is Chiquito, no smile on his face, a man who never laughs. I claimed he wears no hat so that nobody would think I meant Carreidas. Incas seem to wear regularly some kind of a hat but Chiquito was an exception. Well Harrock you,ve got the ball.
Balthazar
#24 · Posted: 2 Jun 2009 21:30
Regarding Chiquito's hat-wearing tendencies, isn't it at least implied that Chiquito is the mysterious intruder who gets shot in the dark by the detective whilst running away from Professor Tarragon's house and then hides in the tree? He's only seen in silhouette in this scene, and I'm writing this from memory, but I think he's wearing a flat cap when he's shot.

Not that I'd have got the answer in any case, of course! I was trying to remember if someone in the carninval parade in Picaros was dressed as a banana tree! (A banano being a banana tree, apparently.)
tuhatkauno
#25 · Posted: 3 Jun 2009 05:43
Balthazar

Nice to hear you

You both are right. I made my question partly from memory and next I'll check more carefully. I had the theatre and ship in my mind. Furthermore, to me, "unlike you I don't lie" and "unlike you I never lie" have different meanings, the former is not so absolute, but as a Finn I easily mess the nyances. :-)
Harrock n roll
#26 · Posted: 3 Jun 2009 07:26
A very straight forward kind of question:

Which character do we learn lives in Harlesford?

Huge clue update:
He became immortal and is essential to a Béarnaise sauce. In French he goes well with a cup of tea...
tuhatkauno
#27 · Posted: 3 Jun 2009 20:02
Harrock n roll

Greetings from Helsinki, I just arrived home an hour ago. Our dialogy continues Harrock, you are talking about Hippolyte Bergamotte alias Hercules (immortal) Tarragon (essential ingredient of bearnaise). That tea thing I don't know, tea and dragon, sounds wierd.

Your huge clue helped essentially. I was bit confused at first because I've used to name Hippolyte Bergamotte - not immortal and definately not good with bearnaise sauce.
Harrock n roll
#28 · Posted: 3 Jun 2009 20:29
You are correct again. It has become a regular game of ping pong!

Admittedly the initial Harlesford reference might have been a bit tenuous. In the English book the police send a radio message to all cars that the black Opel was 'proceeding from Harlesford', so I'm assuming Tarragon lives fairly near Harlesford, wherever it is.

The tea connection is because bergamot (English spelling), or the oil from it, is used to flavour Earl Grey tea (my mother's favourite tipple). Maybe that's a particularly English detail, so probably a little obscure too. I was also going to mention something about Hippolyte, but I thought that might be 'gilding the lily'...!

Anyhow, the ball is now back in your court.
tuhatkauno
#29 · Posted: 4 Jun 2009 06:46
Ok, now everybody

What event?

Snowy would describe the event "This is it! ... Sensational kick 'n' run".
tuhatkauno
#30 · Posted: 5 Jun 2009 05:45
Little more about the event:

This man in the event is in deep epistemological crisis: baconian observations have several times deceived him. What to do? An experiment to show his hypothesis is correct.

Page  Page 3 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »