Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Esteve Fort: Tintin drinking whisky in a bar

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

knos
#11 · Posted: 10 Jul 2005 09:20
7-8 years ago I saw a few Tintin paintings in a poster store in Uppsala (Sweden). I'm not sure if I remember them exactly right but on one of them Tintin, Haddock and Calculus were in a billiard hall and on another one they were in a bar (strange but true). I don't think they were official work so maybe they were banned or something because I haven't seen them ever since. Has anybody seen them or does anybody know what happened to them?

Moderator Note: Hi, Knos! Welcome to the site!
You might find that using the search function will get you some of the answers you need: the "Tintin in a bar" poster has been discussed before, and your post has been moved to that thread.
The Tidy Tintinologist Team
snafu
#12 · Posted: 12 Aug 2005 14:58
The copyright problems you mention might also have been due to the fact that Tintin is in a bar drinking and smoking - Moulinsart are known to be quite sensitive about how Tintin is portrayed.

Nice painting! I think that everyone knows that Tintin has gotten drunk once ("The Broken Ear"; he also got drunk from fumes in "The Crab with the Golden Claws", but that doesn't count in the context of this post) and often drinks in a social context, so a scene of him drinking is innocuous. But him smoking is quite a different matter (note that in "The Blue Lotus", Tintin feigns smoking opium because he is aware of its pernicious effects). Tintin won't do too many dangerous things that have no benefit, like smoking when it's optional (although he had to smoke in "The Blue Lotus" while disguising himself as a Japanese general, but I could imagine him hoping to get rid of it as soon as he can!). Smoking, I can understand an objection; drinking, not sure.
Duke Snowy
#13 · Posted: 18 Apr 2006 03:34
A Fort said:
Navigating through the net I found this forum and I thought you would like to hear some things about this drawing...if not directly from the painter, from his son, whose I am.
Please forgive my sometimes not perfect english spelling as is not my mother language.
As correctly mentioned, this drawing was made for an exibition held at Fundació Miró in Barcelona as a tribute to Hergé after his recent decease. Among many other artist works there was this pastel drawing from Esteve (as shown in the link).
After the exhibition, was edited and sold as poster.

Duke Snowy reply:
This year I was lucky enough to win an eBay auction for Esteve Fort print of Tintin and Snowy in bar mourning Hergé. It is now framed and hanging in my office. I also purchased the book 'Kuifje in Barcelona' on eBay after reading about it in this forum. This book includes photos of all the works of art created to honor Hergé at the Barcelona festival in 1983 after he passed away. The book contains about 100 works of art, however I think the Esteve Fort drawing is by far the most impressive. I would be very interested to know where the original drawing is if anybody knows...
Triskeliae
#14 · Posted: 18 Mar 2008 02:16
Once I read this forum, I looked into the internet and found a picture of the painting. It is so moving! I thought I couldn't bear seeing Tintin like that, but it is beautiful!

My first experience with Art inspired by Tintin-but so unlike Tintin- was back in 1994. I saw a poster of Tintin wearing a black jacket, carrying Snowy; he's seriously bruised (bleeding) and he has a large weapon. I looked into the internet and found it. It is called "La Valise Triangulaire". It was a more contemporary look for Tintin. But back then it really shocked me.

...In fact, it still does...

...and what in blazes is Tintin protecting in that triangular case?
grepidasa
#15 · Posted: 24 Jun 2008 21:28
Hi to all I find one print of this painting, but I don't know what is the price of this. Somebody know what's the price approximately of this painting? This is something deteriorate.
wmarkw
#16 · Posted: 6 Jun 2009 19:43
A Fort
Hi,

The first time I saw this painting was in 2005 in a hotel in Cuenca, Ecuador (Hotel Inca Real - see http://www.hotelincareal.com.ec/foto_akelarre_06gran.html). Like many of you, I too was impressed by this painting. Four years later I am the proud owner of this piece of work by Esteve Fort, and it has proud place in the room where I listen to my music and sip a nice malt whisky (although never sampled the 'Loch Lomond').

Slainte Mhath to Esteve and Herge!

Mark W
Duke Snowy
#17 · Posted: 7 Jun 2009 08:43
wmarkw:
I too was impressed by this painting. Four years later I am the proud owner of this piece of work by Esteve Fort

wmarkw, Did you acquire a print of this piece or the actual painting?

I still have a print of this work which I am very proud to own.
wmarkw
#18 · Posted: 7 Jun 2009 19:38
Duke Snowy
Hi Duke Snowy, I wish it was the painting, but like you it was the print! If I ever manage to trace the original painting I think I'd seriously consider selling my house to buy it (LOL)!
NikkiRoux
#19 · Posted: 10 Jun 2009 10:11
Jyrki21, that's such a touching description! I actually felt like crying. It was even more touching than the picture I saw when I looked for the painting on Google.
Aleix
#20 · Posted: 30 Sep 2009 08:54
wmarkw
Don´t say that twice...I would´t mind to have a house abroad:)
A. Fort

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!