Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Musée Hergé / Hergé Museum

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

jock123
#21 · Posted: 26 May 2009 22:47
Harrock n roll:
if you see what I mean!

Ah, thank you! I had completely misunderstood!

As ever, you touch your marble! ;-)
Duke Snowy
#22 · Posted: 27 May 2009 01:20
Harrock n roll:
I think Duke Snowy was probably meaning there was no option for having either language... Anyhow, the website really ought to be multilingual

Thank you for clarifying my statement. Yes, I meant to say that I would like to see an option to display the Herge Museum website content in English as an alternative to the French. Given the fact that Tintin books have been translated into so many languages, I would expect other languages to be supported as well.

jock123:
In the mean time, the advance publicity leaflet, and the catalogue are tri-lingual as I said.

Harrock n roll:
However, as jock says, the museum pdf leaflet is in three languages, although that doesn't quite account for the large file size (9.5 mb), despite being only 2 pages!

Thank you for pointing this out. I didn't realize the 9.5 mb pdf was in three languages. I think that is definite indicator the museum will cater to French, Dutch and English visitors at the very minimum. Thanks!
luinivierge2010
#23 · Posted: 8 Jun 2009 09:59
http://tintin.francetv.fr/php/news/news_view.php?newsid=252&langue=fr& image=271

In spite of some grumpy press reports in Belgium and France, visitors seem to be coming to the museum in large numbers.

Let us all wish the museum great success !
Harrock n roll
#24 · Posted: 8 Jun 2009 10:23
Thanks for the link luinivierge2010.
For those who can't read French, the report says that there were 700 visitors on the first day, who came from all over the world; France, Luxembourg, Great Britain, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Australia, the United States, Canada, Brazil, China, Japan… They have now crossed the thousand visitors a day barrier.

The last part of Tintin.com's report, says "And let us not forget the Belgian visitors - most notably - who brought forth a denial to the malevolent and sometimes heinous campaigns launched by Belgian public television."

It's a pity some of the recent reports from the official site have needed to have a denial about the grumpy press reports; it always leaves a slight tinge of negativism. I know there were some grumbles about the press opening on the 25th of May, but does anybody know more about the "malevolent and sometimes heinous campaigns" that were on Belgian television? What were they saying?
luinivierge2010
#25 · Posted: 1 Jul 2009 22:55
Archibald
#26 · Posted: 5 Jul 2009 21:55
Hooray! The museum website has launched in English (www.museeherge.com). It seems to be an exact mirror of the French site as far as I can see.

Some more news about the museum, which you can find on both the museum website and tintin.com, is that the King of Belgium has been to visit recently, an event that was apparently covered by the BBC, with a report to follow soon.

Has anyone been to see the museum in person?
Rocky
#27 · Posted: 6 Jul 2009 08:19
The BBC report Archibald mentioned.
jock123
#28 · Posted: 7 Jul 2009 12:30
The new Hergé museum gets a big thumbs up for its architecture in “Building” magazine.
alvarolino
#29 · Posted: 11 Jul 2009 18:02
I've just come back from Brussels where I took a train last weekend to Louvain-la-Neuve. The Musée Hergé is 10 minutes by walk from the train station. The entrie cost is 9.50 euros for adults and an audio guide in several languages with descriptions, videos and quizzes is available. All the displays are tri-lingual (including English) and it can be seen a huge number of sketches and b&w/color originals. In one of the 8 theme rooms there's a superb real scale Calculus' shark-shaped submarine. The restaurant situated in the first floor is very good but the store has few books and videos in English. The visit is an amazing experience and I recommend it for all Tintin fans.
alvarolino
#30 · Posted: 15 Jul 2009 20:51

Page  Page 3 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!