Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin news and events /

Musée Hergé / Hergé Museum

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

jock123
#31 · Posted: 15 Jul 2009 21:53
Thanks for the information and pictures! It’s good to get the experience from someone who has actually been.
In terms of getting there by train, is there a specific station to get off at, as I think when I looked on the rail web-site there might have been more than one? And is it far from Brussels to Louvain-la-Neuve?
alvarolino
#32 · Posted: 16 Jul 2009 14:12
As soon as I arrived in Bruxelles-Midi station from Paris I bought the roundtrip ticket to Louvain-la-Neuve Université (5,60 euros with a 50% weekend discount). Leaving from Bruxelles-Midi on 5 July, the train went direct to Louvain-la-Neuve. There were lots of stops and the trip lasted about an hour and a half. I put a new photo on Picasa in which can be seen the arrival at Louvain-la-Neuve:

http://picasaweb.google.com.br/alvarolino/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCLCTsp KV7rLdugE#5358811815532852866

I'm not sure, but I think this station is the only one there and there are signs all the way to the Museum.
alvarolino
#33 · Posted: 24 Jul 2009 16:16
I was surfing the net and found this accurate description of the Museum:

http://www.judexjones.com/2009/06/22/musee-herge-monument-to-a-comic-b ook-master/
luinivierge2010
#34 · Posted: 29 Aug 2009 10:04
A review in the Financial Times can be found here:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/50387400-9362-11de-b146-00144feabdc0.html
chevet
Belgium Correspondent
#35 · Posted: 30 Aug 2009 22:06
Eurostar operates up to 10 daily services from London St Pancras to Brussels with return fares from £59, and all Eurostar tickets are valid to and from any Belgian station at no extra cost, www.eurostar.com
luinivierge2010
#36 · Posted: 8 Sep 2009 08:56
cigee
#37 · Posted: 17 Oct 2009 15:10
The Globe and Mail's travel section, on Saturday 17 october, had an article on both the Hergé and Magritte museum. You can find it online here:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/travel/comic-books-and-surrealism/ article1326711/
Rexmilou
#38 · Posted: 18 Oct 2009 10:56
Louvain-le-Neuve is not the Louvain that I expected. Other than the Herge Museum, I found Louvain-le Neuve unattractive - a stark contrast with so many beautiful places in Belgium. I came from the Herge museum with questions about Herge and about Belgium that I have yet to work out how to ask. Maybe visiting the Magritte Museum the day before helped my questioning - as I left the dimmed lighting, I wondered what I was not told about Magritte (and no mention of friendship with Herge).

My confusion is in the use of the name Louvain - a university city that I had once heard about and that now seems to have reverted exclusively to the flemish name of Leuven. Both Louvain-le-Neuve and Leuven are in different directions from Brussels. Both places are different. Leuven is a beautiful, attractive city. Can someone tell me why the Herge Museum was built in Louvain-le-Neuve?
glendale
#39 · Posted: 20 Oct 2009 07:14
I live in Sydney Australia and just returned from Brussels were I have had a delightful experience visiting the Herge Museum.

I was taken by a cousin who is also a TinTin worshiper from way back.The whole museum thing was done in the most attractive and modern design loaded with heaps of information that even my wife enjoyed although never read a book on TinTin.The sketches from the very beginning plus the interviews and some personal items on Herge gives you a feeling that you knew him personally.

The audio system in various languages makes it simple although the numbering system is not friendly and can do with some fine tuning so one can find the next display. The quizzes are great and hopefully will be changed on a regular basis. I have not visited on the restaurant so can not comments on the TinTin burger and fries but I suspect are good. The whole thing is value for money and will be enjoyed by young and old.

I will definitely return as I know I have missed something.
number1fan
#40 · Posted: 27 Apr 2010 18:53
Can anyone give me some advice about going there like for hotels travelling there Whats near to the museum.How many days would be a good length to spend there.Thanks.

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!