Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin books: animal and child abuse?

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

miloumuttmitt
#1 · Posted: 11 Sep 2004 05:30
Tintin was reported hitting Snowy in The Black Island.
Tintin, naturally, seems not to be cruel, but in The Black Island, he seems to be to Snowy (not to mention him hitting Abdullah in Land of Black Gold). Tintin considered tying Abdullah up at first... I would have tied him up or chloroformed him...
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 12 Sep 2004 12:17
No, I'm pretty sure those circumstances would be reffered to as discipline. Animal and child abuse is another matter all together. Tintin wasn't doing it out of hate.
GurraJG
#3 · Posted: 12 Sep 2004 12:27
I agree with Tintinrulz. In The Black Island, Tintin is hitting Snowy because he drank alcohol.

-Gustav
mitsuhirato
#4 · Posted: 21 Jan 2005 23:52
In addition to what GurraJG said, Abdullah more or less asks to be hit in Land of Black Gold through his behavior. And anyway, it was for his own security.
OJG
#5 · Posted: 22 Jan 2005 12:07
How can you think Tintin cruel for those incidents? As I said in another thread, people smack their children when they misbehave. It can be necessary to teach them discipline. The same applies to pets. Neither Snowy nor Abdullah were harmed. Tintin smacked them, not hit them-there is a world of difference.
Karaboudjan
#6 · Posted: 26 Feb 2005 17:56
It would seem the Captain is the first person ever to smack Abdullah. Far from doing him any harm, they develop a love/hate relationship, high comedy to watch...

Is it just me, or were you really feeling sorry for Müller once he'd kidnapped the little brat?
snafu
#7 · Posted: 26 Feb 2005 18:00
When I saw these scenes, I thought that Tintin was taking disciplinary measures. It is hard to see him maltreating animals and children.
rastapopoulos
#8 · Posted: 15 Mar 2005 11:46
It is hard to see him maltreating animals

have you read Tintin in the Congo Snafu old chap?
jockosjungle
#9 · Posted: 15 Mar 2005 13:36
If i had been Dr Müller I'd have given Abdullah a slap for demanding ice-cream.

During the time of Tintin in the Congo Big Game Hunting was a big thing and Tintin wasn't paticularly cruel to the animals, he just killed them.

Rik
rastapopoulos
#10 · Posted: 16 Mar 2005 09:59
Tintin wasn't paticularly cruel to the animals

I find shooting a chimp, skinning it and climbing inside it quite cruel. And of course blowing up a rhinoceros with dynamite was a bit over the top. There's shooting animals on a hunt and then there's just plain insane massacre.

Tintin was certainly hell-bent on some kind of bloodlust, don't you think???

Page  Page 1 of 4:  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!