Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Hergé and Studio Hergé /

Philippe Goddin: "The Art of Hergé, Volume 2" - out in November 2009?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 26 Jul 2009 19:41
Philippe Goddin's "The Art of Hergé, Volume 2" is due out in November.
Amazon.co.uk are taking pre-orders already. It will be a good collection of the usual stuff, and lots of unseen art work as well
robbo
#2 · Posted: 29 Jul 2009 15:59
Are these condensed versions of the Chronologie D'une Œuvre by M. Goddin (now on vol 6), or are they different works entirely, do you know?

Regards,

mat
jock123
#3 · Posted: 29 Jul 2009 19:30
robbo:
are these condensed versions of the Chronologie D'une OŒuvre by M. Goddin
Yes, that's exactly what they are. Less content, but less back-breaking to hold too! ;-)
Tintinrulz
#4 · Posted: 29 Jul 2009 23:39
...and much cheaper, and they're in English.
number1fan
#5 · Posted: 22 Oct 2009 12:01
The date of this is now March 2010. I'm sure it would have made a great Christmas present!
number1fan
#6 · Posted: 23 Oct 2009 09:08
Yea would of sure been in many Christmas stockings aswell.I cant see why there is reason for delay?.I wonder when Vol 3 comes out before the film i imagine.
comixfanboy
#7 · Posted: 23 Oct 2009 13:47
I've contacted the publisher, Last Gasp (based in San Francisco).
The delay is for the UK only. They are releasing it on schedule in the US in November (Fall 2009). Their fall dates are unchanged.

So if you want to pay the few extra bucks in shipping from Amazon.com in the US it might be worth it.

This is the same way Cinebook does it. All the Cinebook publications are released after 4-5 months in the US after they are out in the UK. Must be something regarding copyright/ paperwork I guess...
number1fan
#8 · Posted: 23 Oct 2009 16:42
I'm guessing he got it wrong because it would be out at the same time.
Why does America get it first, seeing as the UK has championed Tintin a lot more then America has?
comixfanboy
#9 · Posted: 24 Oct 2009 16:45
Hmmmm...I don't understand, number1fan.

It has nothing to do with the fact that the UK has "championed" Tintin more than the US.
It is simply a question of where the publisher is located.

Last Gasp is based in San Francisco in the US. Hence the staggered release, first in the US and then in the UK.

If you look at the already published The Art of Hergé, Volume 1, the publication dates for Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk indicate two different dates, the US being a couple of months ahead...

The same happens to Cinebook publications too. They are first released in the UK and then a couple of months later in the US. Pick a book, say the new Blake & Mortimer and their publication dates will be different for the US and UK.

My understanding was this was due to copyright paperwork which has to be done at two different places.

But if you buy from Amazon.de they sell as the same date as Amazon.com as in the US...Interesting... :-)...

Of course the person I spoke to in Last Gasp might be wrong too :-)
Midnighter
#10 · Posted: 3 Nov 2009 14:51
Amazon.com have adjusted their listing, they also have it down for next March.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!