Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

The Rainbow Orchid

Page  Page 8 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

jock123
#71 · Posted: 27 Apr 2009 09:41
tybaltstone:
Please excuse this rather direct press-release... I hope it's okay to post it here :-)

No problem at all!

You may have said elsewhere, but I'm not clear if the three volumes are to be published simultaneously, or if they are to be staggered onto the market over a period of time?

And when does the movie come out? I see Sean Connery in a cameo as Palfrey, and perhaps Vinnie Jones as Box?
tybaltstone
#72 · Posted: 27 Apr 2009 12:44
Vol 2 will be out in early 2010 and vol 3 will be later in 2010 - so yes, a staggered release.

Hmm... not sure about a movie! By the time that happens, actors will no longer be a requirement :-)
tybaltstone
#73 · Posted: 31 Jul 2009 13:34
I thought you might like to know that The Rainbow Orchid can be had for a rather bargainous 40% off at Amazon, or an almost equally bargainous 30% off at Borders.

... depending on your preference!

Best wishes - Garen
luinivierge2010
#74 · Posted: 3 Aug 2009 15:21
A Rainbow Orchid review in the Financial Times
jock123
#75 · Posted: 4 Aug 2009 12:06
A few reports on the Rainbow Orchid launch party last night: here, here and here.

Remember to visit the Foyle’s exhibition if you are in London - I think it’s free! It is the main, Charing Cross Road, branch (113-119 Charing Cross Road, London, WC2H 0EB).

Update: Yes, definitely free - I’ve just been, as I was in the city centre for lunch! The Gallery is a nice space on the third floor, round to your right as you exit the lift or stairwell. There are large-scale reproductions of many pages, in pencil and inked forms, plus some nice layouts of character sketches, and some rather lovely “documents”, such as “photos” of the cast, Lily in a movie-magazine, and a poster for the flying circus.

Well worth a look, and if you need any more incentive, it was beautifully air conditioned on a hot and sticky Central London day!
comixfanboy
#76 · Posted: 5 Aug 2009 17:45
Folks,
I usually never post a review here but this book definitely deserves one. I had pre-ordered mine from the UK. I live the US and it took a week to get to the US. Put bluntly, the book is fantastic!! It had more of a a Blake and Mortimerish feel too it. Actually I was expecting Blake and Mortimer to jump out in the next frame to help Julius :-). Am definitely looking forward to the next two editions. The only problem is the seem to be at least 6 months apart.

Does anyone know when exactly the next book will get released (so that I can start counting the days to it :-().

Great work by the author (Garen Ewing). I love the attention to detail (just like Herge) that was meticulously followed for the sports car/ship etc. Great work!

I don't want to give too many details out and spoil the story for the rest of the folks. But it is definitely very interesting!

Cheers form across the Atlantic!
jock123
#77 · Posted: 22 Aug 2009 15:23
I was fortunate enough to be able to get to the “local” launch of The Rainbow Orchid in E. Grinstead, where the local bookshop (called “The Bookshop”) played host to a party for Garen. There was some eating and drinking, and meeting of like-minded fans, plus free badges and chance to meet and talk to the man himself.
Garen was most hospitable, and cheerfully sketched and signed books for anyone who asked - it was a real pleasure to meet him!

There are a few photos to be seen on the tintinologist Facebook page here, if you are interested.
Tintinrulz
#78 · Posted: 22 Nov 2009 01:34
I'd love to buy a copy but at $27 Australian dollars for Volume One, I might just wait until all three volumes are available and then buy them together. Looking good!
Some good photos there Jock. The cake looks to good to eat.
tybaltstone
#79 · Posted: 22 Nov 2009 23:50
There is a UK website that sells The Rainbow Orchid for under £5 (as of this posting) and offers free international delivery - The Book Depository. This is pretty much the best offer I've seen :-)
Tintinrulz
#80 · Posted: 23 Nov 2009 03:15
Thanks for the help. That's a great place. I love the Book Depository. Can't believe I didn't think of it earlier.

Page  Page 8 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!