Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Works influenced/inspired by Hergé /

Golden Fleece & Blue Oranges: Comic adaptations?

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 23 Oct 2009 11:49
number1fan:
the book of the film was presented with film stills from the film and speech bubbles.

Sorry, it wasn’t. It was simply a story book, with text given as if Tintin himself had written the tale, accompanied by photographs from the film. There are a very few drawings (the Karexport business card, and another of the Karexport crocodile logo, the parrot in his helicopter, and the medal) in the manner of the illustrations used for the film’s credits, but it isn’t a photo-comic, and there are no speech balloons. Another curious feature is that the end-papers show the familiar portrait gallery of pictures hanging on striped wall-paper, but printed in greyish-brownish-sepia sorts of tones, rather than the more familiar shades of blue.
cigee
#12 · Posted: 23 Oct 2009 13:27
jock123:
Another curious feature is that the end-papers show the familiar portrait gallery of pictures hanging on striped wall-paper, but printed in greyish-brownish-sepia sorts of tones, rather than the more familiar shades of blue.

I remember borrowing these books from the public library during the '70's (Golden Fleece and Blue Oranges). It wasn't just the colour of the portrait gallery that was different. The portraits that were in the front of the regular comics were in the back for the movie books, and vice-versa.

I don't know if it was just a mis-print for the run that the library happened to buy, but for the editions I bought in the '8o's, the colour was still grey-sepia, but the order was the same as the regular cannon.
number1fan
#13 · Posted: 23 Oct 2009 16:44
I should no i have actually seen the book itself in English format.Maybe it was The Blue Oranges one anyway you don't need to research against me.
jock123
#14 · Posted: 23 Oct 2009 18:49
number1fan:
Maybe it was The Blue Oranges one anyway you don't need to research against me.

I’m sorry, I don’t understand what you mean.
The original poster was referring to a specific pirate edition, with the story of the film told in cartoon strip form, and as the note says, this particular book wasn’t drawn by Hergé, which is why nessteddybear’s link had to be removed.
You then suggested that there is/ was a book (I think you must be talking about the officially released edition, which the poster’s question wasn’t about), made up of photos with speech bubbles, and there isn’t, or rather not one that is official.
Neither is the Blue Oranges album any different: it is also a story book with photographs (although in this one Tintin is not the narrator of the tale as he is in Golden Fleece).
So it isn’t a case of “doing research against you”, whatever that means, so much as just trying to sort things out. I’ve got the English edition of Fleece here beside me, and both of the film books in French, and they are as described.
You may have seen a photo-novel style book of either film, but if so, it was a pirate too.

cigee:
It wasn't just the colour of the portrait gallery that was different. The portraits that were in the front of the regular comics were in the back for the movie books, and vice-versa.

Ah! Good catch! I’d not noticed that before, but indeed, my original Fleece has the reversed end-papers, and my late eighties French copies of both film books have them back to the usual way round.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!