Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Asterix on Audio Cassette!

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 23 Oct 2009 16:50
[[http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/qid=1256312774/ref=sr_st?keywords=asterix& rs=266239&page=1&bbn=266239&rh=n:266239,n:!1025612,k:asterix&sort=-pub date]] Asterix is being released in 2011 on Audio Cassette i wonder why not on cd or Talkie book is this a step backward.The books are al so coming out on CD which is a bit odd if you ask me?.
jock123
#2 · Posted: 23 Oct 2009 18:23
I don’t think your link is working, and when I copied the Amazon bit out it took me to a general search page, so I couldn’t see the tapes you were talking about; however I agree that it sounds odd for tapes to be coming out in 2011. However, I did find a series of CD releases scheduled for 2011, so maybe it was a typo on Amazon.
Asterix the Gaul
Asterix the Gladiator
Asterix and the Goths
Asterix and the Big Fight
Asterix and the Banquet
Asterix and Cleopatra

Personally I’d never bother pre-ordering something for more than a year away, partly because they may never appear, and especially since there is such little information. It doesn’t say if they are adaptations with someone telling a story, or dramatizations or what.
number1fan
#3 · Posted: 23 Oct 2009 19:35
yea or maybe they will be released on floppy discs or maybe the Asterix films will be out on vhs soon?.I wonder if the dramatisations are any good i wonder who does the voices for these?.
jock123
#4 · Posted: 23 Oct 2009 20:54
number1fan:
i wonder who does the voices for these?.

They have released Asterix story tapes before, with Willie Rushton reading adaptations of the books (Asterix was given a sort of Cockney accent), so it’s possibly a re-release of those.
number1fan
#5 · Posted: 24 Oct 2009 07:51
Ah thats good to hear i remember on Asterix and the Big Fight ,Bill Oddie dubbed hes voice and it was great but the DVD that came out with some silly yanks voice dubbed over it and it just didn't work.
jock123
#6 · Posted: 24 Oct 2009 11:18
As well as finding and adding Cleopatra to the above list, I saw on Amazon that Asterix the Gaul and Asterix and the Golden Sickle also have still further separate entries, for a CD release in 2005, which still have a “Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available” against them, so perhaps it will be sensible to wait for further updates on the ones destined for 2011…
Richard
UK Correspondent
#7 · Posted: 24 Oct 2009 12:42
On the CD cover of Asterix and the Banquet you can just make out "Performed by John Sessions", so they'd be new recordings. I can imagine him doing a good job - might get one if they ever come out...
jock123
#8 · Posted: 24 Oct 2009 12:54
Well spotted, eagle-eyed sleuth!

With that information, I Googled “Asterix” and “John Sessions”, and it appears that he too has already had cassettes released of him reading the books (c. 2005/06), taking over after the death of Willie Rushton.

So it could be that they are re-releases, or that Amazon has adapted old artwork…

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!