Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Anyone else paint ceramics?

Mad Hatteress
#1 · Posted: 24 Nov 2009 01:18
http://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt289/Mad_Hatteress/Ceramics/

There's my photobucket page with some of my pieces if anyone's curious. I really love artsy stuff, but I suck at it, so ceramics is really the only way I've been able to express it. I think it's really easy since a piece's shape is already determined so you just have to fill in the details.

It's a lonely hobby, however, and I haven't really met any other people who do it.
Harrock n roll
#2 · Posted: 24 Nov 2009 15:54
Mad Hatteress:
I really love artsy stuff, but I suck at it

You shouldn't do yourself down, there are some lovely pieces there. Well done, you obviously have talent.
Mad Hatteress
#3 · Posted: 24 Nov 2009 18:10
^That's really nice of you to say! Thank you!

I'm actually working on painting an elephant right now inspired from one I saw a Tintin comic in how it was decorated. I think it was at the end of Cigars of the Pharaoh but I'm drawing a blank for some reason and I just recently looked at it.
Harrock n roll
#4 · Posted: 24 Nov 2009 19:38
I think you're right, from memory there is a decorated elephant at the end of Cigars. Tintin, Snowy and the Maharajah of Gaipajama and son take a ride in the howdah (the carriage) on it's back.

I've got some wood carved elephants with howdahs somewhere which I bought in India. I'm sure there are plenty of references to them on the 'net too.
NikkiRoux
#5 · Posted: 25 Nov 2009 09:19
I like the Lavender Lady and Dragon Top but the cats scare me a bit, though they are unique.
Mad Hatteress
#6 · Posted: 25 Nov 2009 21:34
^ XD A lot of people say they don't like the cats. See, I painted the black one around Halloween, so I made him a bit spooky, and after that I noticed he had a mate so I tried to paint it to match.

As for the Lavender Lady I didn't paint her like I was supposed to because I get really bored when doing something like that. She's actually supposed to be Pinky and her mate is Blue Boy: http://daisyfairbanks.typepad.com/.a/6a00e5508f1815883301053659ff3e970 c-800wi
NikkiRoux
#7 · Posted: 26 Nov 2009 09:36
Well, the ceramics were yours to paint any way you wanted, and I think they turned out nicely.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!