Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Any movies makers here ?

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 2 Nov 2009 19:51
Just wondering if there are any movie makers out there.That have made small with films with a basic video camera?.
cigars of the beeper
#2 · Posted: 2 Nov 2009 20:37
I've made stop motion films with Lego characters. There are actually a lot of people who do that.
number1fan
#3 · Posted: 2 Nov 2009 21:45
Interesting,how long did it take to do?.
cigars of the beeper
#4 · Posted: 4 Nov 2009 02:05
The time it takes to make one varies. I've made some in a day or two, but others have been long-term projects.
tintinspartan
#5 · Posted: 4 Dec 2009 18:18
I made only 3 short videos as a filmmaker for competitions. I'm going into making a forth video for a competition by my local town council to fill in time. I just finished my GCE O Level Examinations (Singapore-Cambridge) last month and i am finding things to do to fill up time till January when I would start work.

P.S: I'm back again after a long time.
number1fan
#6 · Posted: 4 Dec 2009 18:41
http://www.youtube.com/user/Notterrancehill far from Film making but i have done a few funny and awful videos on you tube check out my news and sh!t episodes might be something funny in there for people.
NikkiRoux
#7 · Posted: 5 Dec 2009 11:56
Welcome back, tintinspartan!
mondrian
#8 · Posted: 5 Dec 2009 16:04
I've made some stop-motion animations as well, using chess pieces or whatever is available in the household.

I've got some ideas for clay animation and also some very early stage ideas for different techniques, but the day job has taken too much energy lately.

It's a slow process, the time consumed depends on your ambition. Every stage from script until post production can be done quickly or very slowly. At first you use lots of time just getting used to technology, with experience planning and all sorts of minor details take more and more time.

My tip for the beginners would be just to do something simple very quickly at first. Just getting the movement right is rewarding in the beginning. It's a steep learning curve, but learning by doing is the most effective way for amateurs.
AngelofLight
#9 · Posted: 15 Jan 2012 00:20
I'm an amateur filmmaker! I film on my iPhone 4, and edit on iMovie.
My latest project is a Tintin movie with an original storyline!
tintinophile691
#10 · Posted: 15 Jan 2012 08:10
The only movies I have made in the last few months is a film about neurodiversity (which I regret doing, as it could have been better), and a music video called Mani Mani Mani, based on characters in the video game Mother 2.

Usually, I don't MAKE films, but I re-edit films and existing footage for different experiences. I've put together extended editions, alternate cuts, and occasionally censored versions for guests who bring their kids along. I'm timing a certain release for May 22...

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!