Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Is it time for official new Tintin adventures?

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

charlotte
#31 · Posted: 23 Jun 2008 02:36
I have started drawing it but I keep strictly to Tintins character and personality I can post one of my drawing if you like.

Duplicate post removed
Moderator Note: We cannot allow posting of fan art, or links on how to find it, for legal reasons, so please do not do so. Many thanks!
The Tintinologist Team
Sapristi
#32 · Posted: 1 Jul 2008 21:55
I always feel torn about this kind of debate. Part of me; sensible me, believes Herge's wishes have to be respected, but then there's the child-like fan in me that wants some fantastic new adventures written. It's a testament to Herge that despite being over 70 years old, and the series effectively (and abruptly) ending 20 years ago that people would love this to happen.

I like the 'parallel universe' idea applied to Spirou; then Herges 'world' would stay untouched, and different writers and artists could be comissioned to offer their takes on Tintin. The stories might be good, they might be bad, but at least they'd be out there.

Triskeliae:
Moulinsart MUST demand quality, of course. If Moulinsart decided to grant that privilege, they won't let just anyone create a Tintin story. And they would supervise.

True.The success of bringing Doctor Who back to life was to give the franchise to those who knew what they were doing. Russel T Davis was well respected as a writer before, but more than that; he was also a fan of the original series. I'm sure that there are some great writers and artists out there who are Tintin fans who would do a darn fine job.

I doubt it'd happen in a million years, but a girl can dream.
Triskeliae
#33 · Posted: 2 Jul 2008 00:16
Sapristi:
I like the 'parallel universe' idea applied to Spirou; then Herges 'world' would stay untouched, and different writers and artists could be comissioned to offer their takes on Tintin. The stories might be good, they might be bad, but at least they'd be out there.

That's exactly what I think!!
SmartTintin
#34 · Posted: 2 Jul 2008 07:44
Sapristi:

That is very true! Also, I think after the Spielberg movie, the demand for more adventures is going to increase. With millions of Tintin fans craving for new adventures, it would be time for Moulinsart to think on the lines of what would Hergé wish in such a situation. Will he ever agree to break millions of hearts for what he had wished for 25 years ago?
catintinut
#35 · Posted: 11 Dec 2009 16:08
NO, NO, NO!!!!!
If any others come out I will not read them.
Tintin deserves to be left in the twentieth century, where he belongs. Sherlock Holmes was the same way. He belonged to Victorian London, and people tried to drag him into the modern age, like riding around in limousines fighting Nazis, and going into the world of film and having movies made. Tintin does NOT belong in the twenty-first century.
rodney
#36 · Posted: 12 Dec 2009 05:20
I have said this before and with 'The Phantom' was created by Lee Falk.
He had no issues with other people making up new Phantom stories and there have been many stories which have been highly enjoyable to read and collect.
They are still in the spirit of Lee Falk and has meant we as fans see many different adventures which would not have been possible if Lee Falk had stipulated the comics end after his death.
I think if the upcoming movies are a success we may see Moulinsart consider it....possibly with a team they approve of.
It is all speculation however!
tintinophile691
#37 · Posted: 17 Dec 2009 23:48
Never, knowing what people would do to Tintin. Remember the unofficial books other people made? They - completely - messed - it - up. Tintin and the Lake of Sharks is also a complete shame.

Who knows what they will do next?
blueskirt
#38 · Posted: 7 Feb 2010 05:23
I don't like the recent Simpsons seasons, IMO, the 9 first seasons were brilliant but starting on season 10, the show's quality began to drop, less subtle jokes, more outlandish plots, absence of drama...

But the difference between The Simpsons and Tintin is that fans of The Simpsons have the choice. If they still like the show after the drop in quality, they can enjoy the new episodes, and nothing prevents those who don't like the recent seasons to just ignore them, stick to the older seasons, watch, cherish and treasure them, and continue to dissect and analyse every single jokes and details that made the show so great in the first place.

Tintin fans don't have that choice. I know full well that the new adventures wouldn't have the same feel as the original adventures, that management medling, the change of century, the politically correctness and plenty of other factors could ruin the new adventures in hundred of ways, that the quality of a series generally drop when the original creators aren't involved, like Asterix where the Uderzo-only run hasn't made me laugh out loud a single time and there's plenty of chance that it won't be any different for Tintin. But I'd still want them to give it a try.

Let them find the right team that will replicate as best as they can the drawing, story and humor style, with the same pacing and narration, and give us more adventures with these characters we love so much. Of course, it would not be as great as Tintin in Tibet or the Castafiore Emerald, and they would probably not continue with the wave of mysticism, postmodernist, bitterness or strangeness of the last titles, but if in the end they managed to produce some adventures as good as the The Blue Lotus to The Calculus Affair run, it wouldn't be that bad.

And if the new adventures are so horrendous, we'll always be able to ignore them and stick to the original run, but they should give it a try.
Grey
#39 · Posted: 11 Feb 2010 11:45
Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable with official new Tintin adventures because it wouldn't seem right having the stories not being written and drawn by Herge himself and his team.

I'm not against any of it, but it's just a feeling I'd get when a new team takes over an established universe, with a form that doesn't resemble the original creator's ideas etc. I mean, yes I would allow a new team to be found, but they obviously will not be able to copy and mimic Herge the way us 'ologists enjoy the comics.

I can't imagine Tintin in anything but the current canon albums and the adaptations. Fanfiction I won't count. Seeing as our generations of today have dumbed down considerably from the time frame that Herge set Tintin, it would tough and almost unbearable to see him in the 21st century. Or even in prequels, because then a lot of research would have to be put into those and a complete reimagining of the tufty reporter maybe.

Personally, I believe it would be best to leave the idea alone; Tintin is perfect in his original form, aswell as his adventures.

:)
tintinophile691
#40 · Posted: 19 Apr 2010 06:52
No, I disagree with new Tintin adventures even with the new movies coming up. Although they can novelise the original Tintin comics* and re-release The Secret of the Unicorn and Red Rackham's Treasure in one book as a 'movie adaptation' or 'the original Tintin' or something like that. With different covers that include the original cover art in it, of course, to gain the public's appeal.

*But I may just be saying this to slip under the English teacher's comic detector!

Page  Page 4 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!