Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin In Other Languages: Wanted - Greek first edition Tintin books

sponsz
#1 · Posted: 20 Aug 2004 16:01
Does anybody knows more about Tintin Comics in Greek ?
I'm looking for Tintin Comics , published by "SERAPIS" (2 Titles?). Normaly "Serapis" is mentionned in the Old Tintin Comics as the Publisher of the First Tintin Comics in Greek!
I don't know if "Serapis" existed really ?.
I Found Tintin Comics in Greek from following Publishers :

PEGASUS - 1968 - 5 Titles
ANGLO-HELLENIC-AGENCY - 1979-1988 - 20 Titles
MAMMOUTH-COMICS - 1993-1997 - 23 Titles
PATAKIS - 1998-2000 - 12 Titles
Charles
#2 · Posted: 5 Sep 2004 01:59
I'm sorry but I cannot help you with Serapis comics.

From the small amount of research I've done, it appears that the current publisher of Greek Tintin is Casterman/Patakis of Athens. I recent search on www.abebooks.com shows that somebody has a few new copies available for sale (search keywords Tintin and Greek).

Hope that's interesting.
Harrock n roll
#3 · Posted: 13 Sep 2006 21:24
sponsz wrote: 'm looking for Tintin Comics , published by "SERAPIS" (2 Titles?). Normaly "Serapis" is mentionned in the Old Tintin Comics as the Publisher of the First Tintin Comics in Greek! I don't know if "Serapis" existed really ?

It's a while since this question was asked but it looks as if it can finally be answered - ‘Serapis’ did exist. An ebay seller in Greece currently has a Serapis copy of Tibet for sale (see this link)

I thought the sale was interesting as it is listed as “TINTIN -THE ONE AND ONLY COPY IN THE WORLD !!!!!!!!!!” The starting price is US $999.00. The seller states on their sale page that the book was made by in Greece by Serapis publications in 1966 but was never originally released to the public due to “some huge inside problems and afterwards bankrupt.” (sic)

The seller goes on to say that ”the company keeps in the warehouse only few of those magazines” and admits that it is “probably the one and only copy in the world.”

A fascinating item nonetheless!
lavj
#4 · Posted: 12 Feb 2010 05:44
Finally, this ebay item was not the only one in the world. It came up another one in a Greek Online Auctions Site here.
sponsz
#5 · Posted: 12 Feb 2010 08:36
The editor SERAPIS published in 1975/76 Tintin in Tibet. After a lot of problems, also financial problems with Casterman (royalties) the publisher disappeared completely in 1976.
3000 copies were printed in Greece. Most of the copies were unsold because the price was too high at the time for the Greece market (120 drachma).
Most of the copies were destroyed, only a few people bought this comic, and the book is now very difficult to find. (Source : Etienne Pollet)
In 2006 a copy was for sale on Ebay for US $999.00

Have also a look at : http://www.intertintin.com/griekenlandserpisboek.htm
gekow8
#6 · Posted: 18 May 2017 18:22
sponsz
Good afternoon! I 've read the relative comments and I searched in my collection of comics and confirmed that I do have in good condition, 'TinTin in Tibet" Serapis issued in greece 1976. I asked several collectors in greece whether they own a copy, but they dont! If you are still interested, please tell me.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!