Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Ellipse-Nelvana: "Crab with the Golden Claws" - is it Hergé's voice?

tintinmob
#1 · Posted: 19 Sep 2004 00:33
In The Crab with the Golden Claws Ellipse-Nelvana TV cartoon, is it Hergé's real voice when the reporter says to Tintin "How does it feel to be a hero?"
Jyrki21
#2 · Posted: 19 Sep 2004 02:18
No... he was long dead when these were made, unfortunately.
jock123
#3 · Posted: 19 Sep 2004 10:37
Jyrki21
he was long dead when these were made

I don't disagree with you, but death isn't an objection where animation voices are involved; they could of course dub in dialogue from a previously recorded source.

However it is unlikely that they would have found him utter the line in English and French, so I also doubt that it is him.

I only mention this because Douglas Adams has a part in the new Hitchhiker's Guide radio series, playing the character Agrajag, and he died a few years ago...!

They created his performance from recordings of him narrating the stories as audio-books: the producers lifted Agrajag's lines of dialogue from these, then edited them into scenes with the other, not-dead, actors.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!