Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

A Picture of Tintin & Haddock with Blake & Mortimer

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 24 Mar 2010 21:04
Has anyone seen a picture of Blake and Mortimer shaking hands with Haddock and Tintin? I may just have imagined I saw this.

Help me guys...
dreamdust
#2 · Posted: 25 Mar 2010 09:10
I may be wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen a picture like that. Good luck though :)
jock123
#3 · Posted: 25 Mar 2010 12:20
It sounds like the sort of picture which might have cropped up in the Tintin magazine, so it could be in a book somewhere. For example, Hergé drew all the magazine’s artists and their characters round a table having a feast for the New Year on the cover of the issue for 2nd January 1947, and provided a cartoon of Tintin giving Mortimer a large vase for the Christmas edition in 1960. These are both shown in Jacob’s autobiography, and the first one is also featured in the book about the history of the magazine which came out two or three years ago. From this book it seems that cross-over pictures weren’t uncommon, as covers, or to announce a new story starting, or whatever.
number1fan
#4 · Posted: 25 Mar 2010 20:39
I think I recall seeing it now in a huge Book about Tintin which was in French.I may try and track this down.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!