Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Doctor Who 2010: The new series

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

jock123
#1 · Posted: 4 Apr 2010 00:28
Anybody else watching the new Doctor Who premiere tonight wonder if Steven Moffat’s Tintin movie work led to possibly the biggest on-screen hommage to date: a ward full of comatose people, who all woke and cried out at the same moment?

Matt Smith seems to be shaping up nicely as a completely unpredictable Doctor…
Grey
#2 · Posted: 4 Apr 2010 12:01
I loved it! As a Doctor Who enthusiast, I have to say I loved it completely and utterly.

Matt was perfect; I couldn't stop watching him. He was so witty, intelligent, funny, wonderful and just downright perfect for the role. Much like that of Tom Baker, in my honest opinion.
Karen was brilliant as well, just as mad and silly as Matt was. The banter between them was excellent, which is generally what's needed with a Doctor and a companion, with some added flirt for measure.

The storyline was intriguing, especially with the cinematography and music, and definitely a Moffatt plot too. I also noticed the reference to Crystal, and sure I noticed a couple of others too.

Looking forward to the next episode!
Tintinrulz
#3 · Posted: 4 Apr 2010 12:04
It hasn't got to Australia yet but I've heard good things.
Grey
#4 · Posted: 4 Apr 2010 12:21
Tintinrulz:
It hasn't got to Australia yet but I've heard good things.

We'll have to make sure spoilers aren't posted in here for anyone who lives outside the UK/America then. Well unless you read critic reviews and the Wikipedia article.
number1fan
#5 · Posted: 4 Apr 2010 21:12
Im not a fan of Doctor Who but I saw it.Now Thats a HOMAGE :)
Tintinrulz
#6 · Posted: 5 Apr 2010 01:30
I think we get the new series in mid April. Maybe you could use spoiler boxes or something similar? Or doesn't this type of forum have those capabilities?
jock123
#7 · Posted: 12 Apr 2010 13:07
It's keeping up a good standard, I think: with episode two, the story was probably secondary to the development of characterizations, with the 11th Doctor getting to be a bit more of his own man (rather than the post-regeneration-still-settling-into-his-new-body one we saw last week), and Amy shaping up well to be an independent lady, rather than a helpless screamer.

And next week: Winston Churchill and the Daleks!! Could be good!
Ranko
#8 · Posted: 13 Apr 2010 09:29
I missed the second episode. He seems - so far - a good Doctor.

I still miss Jon Pertwee though. :)
jock123
#9 · Posted: 13 Apr 2010 11:03
Ranko:
I still miss Jon Pertwee though. :)

He was the Doctor!! And such an interesting life - his narrow escape from being sunk on H.M.S. Hoodin WWII; waking up on a mortuary slab having been declared dead after a bombing raid; striking up a nodding acquaintance with a man while taking morning walks on holiday, only to find out later it was Haile Selassie; and his many escapades with vehicles of all types...
If you can track it down, his autobiography, Moon Boots and Dinner Suits, is well worth a read...
Ranko
#10 · Posted: 14 Apr 2010 10:50
Thanks jock.

It sounds very interesting. I may take a long lunch and check out a few of the second hand bookshops down Charing Cross road.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!