Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

Tintin iPhone app

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 28 Apr 2010 20:42
I just noticed that there is a Tintin App for the I phone its £4.99.Its a an E book it seems has anyone downloaded it?
cigars of the beeper
#2 · Posted: 28 Apr 2010 22:29
No. I don't even have an iphone, but I'm curious. What exactly is the thing? Is it an official product?
tintinophile691
#3 · Posted: 28 Apr 2010 23:29
I haven't heard of the iPhone app, but I have heard of the iPhone website which could be accessed for free that presents Tintin-related news in French.
mct16
#4 · Posted: 11 Aug 2013 15:40
The Tintin books are available for iPad users and can be downloaded from the Apple iTunes site - very legally since they are advertised on the official Tintin.com. You can get them in French and in Dutch.

No sign of an English version as yet, I'm afraid. A little lobbying of Moulinsart may be necessary.

Moderator Note: We have a thread on the digital version of the comics; please use that for comment on those rather than here.
Also it is best to remember that the English translations are in the hands of Egmont in the U.K., so presumably it would be up to them to release those digitally. You also have to remember that there are also other territories where publishers have licensed the rights to the books in English and other languages - it may not be possible to come up with a solution which can be applied globally for all languages at this time.
We are not advocating that anyone lobby anyone else, by the way: it is likely that, as and when it becomes practical so to do, that further digital editions will appear.

The Digital Tintinologist Team

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!