Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

The popularity of The Adventures of Tintin in Australia

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

glendale
#11 · Posted: 16 Dec 2009 23:33
For you Aussies, you can get a large variety of Tintin books at Elizabeth's Bookshop in all states or http://www.elizabethsbookshop.com.au/contactus.php

Message for Tintinrulz. Re your pet peeve, if you look at any of the Tintin books, it is "TINTIN"
Cheers mate and have a good one...
Tintinrulz
#12 · Posted: 17 Dec 2009 05:12
Irene is awesome!
Tintinophile, that's pretty unusual. The books aren't in many Australian shops but they're available at Dymocks and Angus & Robertson and maybe a few more. The books are slightly cheaper if you buy them from Amazon though (in bulk). That doesn't relegate Australia to the same position as USA saying that Tintin is relatively unknown here. It's simply not true.

Glendale, that if it's all in upper-case letters. When lower-case letters are used Tintin is always spelt as 'Tintin'. You don't use an upper-case letter in the middle of a word.
tintinophile691
#13 · Posted: 17 Dec 2009 23:31
Then it probably just isn't popular in the City of Monash.

You mentioned that the albums can be found at Dymocks. In which Dymocks store did you find them? I never found them in any Australian bookstore I've seen.

Not like I'll be going there in the next few weeks anyway - I'm going where Tintin went in 1935.

I'm not trying to correct anyone here - I'm just curious.
Tintinrulz
#14 · Posted: 18 Dec 2009 00:06
These are all the shops I've found Tintin books for sale.

--Dymocks--
South Australia:
Marion
Rundle Mall
Glenelg

Victoria:
Geelong
Bendigo

Queensland:
Brisbane

Other shops:
Minotaur - Victoria
South Australia - Angus & Robertson (Central Market, James Place, Colonnades, Edwardstown, Glenelg, Marion)
Victoria - Angus & Robertson (Geelong, Shepparton, Richmond Victoria Gardens)
New South Wales - Angus & Robertson (Sydney)
New South Wales - Kinokuniya (Sydney)

Hope that helps.
NikkiRoux
#15 · Posted: 18 Dec 2009 10:29
Yes! Thank you Tintinrulz! If I ever have to stay in Australia for a long time, which seems quite probable, I'll look around the places you listed.
Tintinrulz
#16 · Posted: 18 Dec 2009 10:59
No worries mate. Glad I could help you out.
tintininaustralia
#17 · Posted: 19 Dec 2009 09:00
Hey everyone - look at http://www.pinkbear.com.au - we started just under 2 years ago and are based in Coogee, Sydney. Access to all official merchandise from Belgium. We have all books in stock all the time. Cheers
Abdullah007
#18 · Posted: 18 May 2010 03:29
Well it's a hit in our family... but then it wasn't as much of a hit at highschool. At least, I'd see people reading Tintin or booking him out from the library from time to time, but they weren't in my year-level. Most of the kids in my year level would say its just kids-rubbish, and as far as they were concerned, Tintin seemed to be a term for any comic like Asterix.

There aren't any Tintin shops here, just the books in the bookshops, and that's about it. Still, there are the few fans around like myself and my cousins.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!