Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin: Things to do in Brussels & Belgium

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

cafe_noir
#21 · Posted: 5 Jul 2007 08:17
Sorry about that - I had thought I'd find any answer to a question about Hergé's studios in the 'Studio Hergé' threads. I never thought to look in the members lounge - I'll do a more thorough search in future..
(thanks for the answer to my question, by the way)
jock123
#22 · Posted: 5 Jul 2007 22:57
cafe_noir
I had thought I'd find any answer to a question about Hergé's studios in the 'Studio Hergé' threads.
Well, when you put it like that, I can certainly see why you might have thought so!
(thanks for the answer to my question, by the way)
No problem! When they staged the Tintin in the City exhibition in Brussels a few years back, they set up a desk and some other items as they might have been in the studio - perhaps they will do something similar when the Hergé museum which is currently being planned is opened, to give you a flavour of what it was like.
guglielmo
#23 · Posted: 22 Jul 2008 22:48
jock123
Hi Jock, interesting stuff, only thing I am puzzled by is that you write that the Thom(p)sons visited the Atomium. In what album is that? I can't locate it.
Jacobowsky
jock123
#24 · Posted: 25 Jul 2008 20:01
guglielmo:
I am puzzled by is that you write that the Thom(p)sons visited the Atomium. In what album is that? I can't locate it.

Sorry - as I think I said elsewhere, that appears to have been a complete fabrication of my fevered mind, or a dream.
I think I may actually have seen it as another cartoonist’s illustration of Belgian things and people in a magazine, but even that I couldn’t be sure of-!
Balthazar
#25 · Posted: 25 Jul 2008 23:20
The Atomium features in one of the recent Blake and Mortimer books and on its cover:

http://www.amazon.fr/Blake-Mortimer-n%C2%B0-sarcophages-continent/dp/2 870970668/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

It's a recent, post-Jacobs one, but even so, maybe there was enough of a Tintin connection to spur your fevered mind into dreaming that the Thom(p)sons visit it.
mhoefler
#26 · Posted: 30 Oct 2009 08:24
Hello.

I visited Brussels in june.
Later I thought it a good idea to gather all the Tintin hot spots together so I do not (again) miss one the next time I'm there :-)
Here is the result:
http://www.mhoefler.de/Brussels-Tintin/Tintin-Brussels.html
Hope you enjoy it.
jock123
#27 · Posted: 31 Oct 2009 14:07
mhoefler:
Here is the result:

That’s really excellent! Thanks for doing that - as you’ll see from the posts in the thread the message has been moved to, it is long-needed and much sought after thing, so congratulations on actually getting it together.

And it looks like you had a good trip too!
Tintinrulz
#28 · Posted: 1 Nov 2009 07:05
mhoefler, wow! Great work mate!
I'd love to go to Belgium sometime in the future and see everything.
mhoefler
#29 · Posted: 2 Nov 2009 19:05
Thank you all.

It was a very good 3-day-visit in Brussels and the opening of the museum was the icing on the cake :-)

I think you'll definitly enjoy to stay in Tintins hometown.
mhoefler
#30 · Posted: 13 Jun 2010 08:39
hello.

Found the on-the-go-website this morning:
http://www.onthegotours.com/Destination-Tintin/Brussels-Home-Of-Herge
Maybe its old... Anyone here travelled with them to brussels?

What are the tintin murals "found at Ribaucourt and Porte de Hal stations"? A lot of web sites refer to that. I've never heard about that but maybe I mixed this up.

btw, new brussels mural with tribute to herge:
http://www.brusselspictures.com/2010/06/04/tribute-to-herge-fresco-by- mezzo-in-laeken/

regards

Page  Page 3 of 4:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!