Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Belvision: Queries about DVD & VHS versions?

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

jock123
#31 · Posted: 27 Jun 2010 22:26
number1fan:
So does anyone own the rights to this?

Yes - having rights in it are not in any way related to the matter of whether a certificate was issued in the U.K. under British domestic law. The rights will remain with whoever owns the property - which may be Belvision, or Moulinsart, or some combination of them and other parties involved - Telehachette, for example, seem to have been involved.
number1fan
#32 · Posted: 28 Jun 2010 08:52
Well by law everything well nearly everything has to be rated by the BBFC however I can tell you from now Tintin Belevision DVD is going to be a U. All the ancient Doctor Who episodes (yawn) get a release and not this.
jock123
#33 · Posted: 28 Jun 2010 09:13
number1fan:
Well by law everything well nearly everything has to be rated by the BBFC

Yes, that's exactly what I've been saying; however, you then asked about rights - and they have nothing to do with having a certificate.
number1fan:
I can tell you from now Tintin Belevision DVD is going to be a U

I don't think anyone needs a crystal ball, let alone seven of them, to see that. However, I'll be more than happy that it just happens, regardless of the certficate, but at the moment there isn't anything in the pipeline as far as can be told.
number1fan:
All the ancient Doctor Who episodes (yawn) get a release and not this.

This isn't a thread to discuss the relative merits of different shows, or whether the Belvision cartoons deserve a release, or specualtion about them: it's to discuss the existing releases, and to ascertain what has come out where. Let's not take it off course by getting into the realms of flame-baiting by rubbishing something else which people on here like; if you don't like Doctor Who, fine - but it isn't relevant to this thread.
Rocky
#34 · Posted: 10 Jul 2010 14:39
An update to my episode list of 10 June 2010, correcting some titles:

5. Star of Mystery (The Shooting Star)
11 episodes
These are the confirmed English episode titles.

1. The Star of Mystery
2. Star in the Night
3. Doomsday
4. Bombs Away
5. Man Overboard
6. Torpedoed
7. Time Bomb
8. Crash Landing
9. Web of the Spider
10. Marauding Monster
11. Operation Rescue
number1fan
#35 · Posted: 13 Jul 2010 20:22
Rocky:
1. The Star of Mystery
2. Star in the Night...

I don't understand - are these the name the Tintin cartoons went under?
Rianna Lauren
#36 · Posted: 14 Jul 2010 00:17
Those are the titles that goes under the "Star of Mystery" title...
number1fan
#37 · Posted: 14 Jul 2010 06:24
Ahhh now I understand. I never knew there was a Shooting Star Belvision cartoon - I hope to see this soon. Other episode names?
Rianna Lauren
#38 · Posted: 14 Jul 2010 06:25
number1fan:
I never knew there was a Shooting Star Belvision cartoon

It's on page 2 ;)
Rianna Lauren
#39 · Posted: 16 Jul 2010 11:58
Question - are there any other movies produced by Belvision other than Temple of the Sun and Lake of Sharks?
Mikael Uhlin
#40 · Posted: 19 Jul 2010 11:19
Rianna Lauren:
Question - are there any other movies produced by Belvision other than Temple of the Sun and Lake of Sharks?

They made no more Tintin movies but some with Asterix, Lucky Luke and the smurfs and also the unexpected Disney-sequel Pinocchio in Outer Space.
IMDB has listed some titles but I don't know if it's complete;
http://www.imdb.com/company/co0001977/

Page  Page 4 of 7:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!