Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Belvision: Are the cartoons available?

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

JacobLBA
#21 · Posted: 27 Aug 2010 11:24
Edited by Moderator for language

Ray Faiola, how did you get the original 5 minute shorts? I found one (in French) here: Link removed

I would love to be able to hear the famous "Is this the end for Tinnntinnn????".

Moderator Note: You may only have been being emphatic, but please keep your posts to a family-friendly standard, as we have members of all ages and backgrounds to think of, thanks.
Also, please become familiar with our guidelines, which emphasize our complete ban on linking to copyright material (other than material to which *you* own the copyright, of course!); this is to keep the site up and running, as painful experience in the past (when the site was closed down) made clear.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The Tintinologist Team
little martine
#22 · Posted: 27 Aug 2010 13:38
How about trying this link? ↓

Link Removed

I searched too.

Moderator Warning:
While allowances can be made for someone just starting out, you have been around with us long enough to know that you are not allowed to request information on obtaining, or to post links to, copyright material like this - you have already had to be warned here and especially here, where you then promised to abide by the rules. If you continue to behave in this way, we will have to put you on pre-moderation, or even suspend your account.
As we have said before, we don’t do this to be kill-joys: the consequences of such breaches could be the shutting down of Tintinologist.org, and the initiation of legal action against us (previous experience of this was not pleasant for those involved).

The Unhappy Tintinologist Team
Ray Faiola
#23 · Posted: 27 Aug 2010 13:43
JacobLBA:
Ray Faiola, how did you get the original 5 minute shorts?

I'm a longtime 16mm collector and a dealer I know came across a large tv station package that included the Tintin series.
Harrock n roll
#24 · Posted: 27 Aug 2010 17:58
I must admit, I'm slightly envious of you Ray! It's a pity you have a few missing, but still, what a great collection to have. You might want to look at Rocky's posts in this thread - Belvision: Queries about DVD & VHS versions? - where he has very kindly listed all of the chapter titles (translated from a French collection, with some confirmed English titles here) and he has also given the number of episodes per story. I've read varying estimates of how many were made, but Rocky has now calculated that there were 102 episodes in total.
Rianna Lauren
#25 · Posted: 28 Aug 2010 02:41
Gah, I'm looking for these as well.

Content removed

Moderator note: As the above moderations show, requesting information about obtaining material illegally, whether on or off the site isn’t allowed. This can’t be stressed too much: you endanger the continued existence of this site every time you expose us in this way; the site has been shut down before, and could be again, and it will be Irene who suffers most, which is most unfair, as she gifts us the resource of the site, manages the technical side of things, offers wise moderation, and pays for all that goes on here.

It’s not a lot to ask of people that they do her the courtesy and respect of abiding by her (few) rules, is it?

The Tintinologist Team
JacobLBA
#26 · Posted: 29 Aug 2010 23:11
I checked bergvik too. The titles are more than likely Ellipse-Nelvana ones. jock123 said in another thread:

They could have come out, but they could have been bootlegs from the VHS releases, for example, or it could have been some sort of hoax.

It is rather disappointing that they haven't recieved a known-by-others DVD release, but they're all on video.
Henry 54321
#27 · Posted: 19 Aug 2011 13:13
I so want the Belvision cartoons on video - is anyone willing to sell me any episodes?

Henry
MrRich
#28 · Posted: 12 Oct 2011 23:12
Hi, this question may have already been asked, but are the Belvision versions of Tintin out on DVD in a collection anywhere?

Never been able to get into the newer ones after growing up hearing the guy shout "Hergé’s Adventures of Tintin!", and I like the original voices.

Can only see VHS single tapes on eBay. Many thanks!
jock123
#29 · Posted: 13 Oct 2011 18:28
So far the only Belvision Tintin cartoons to have made it officially to DVD are the three which currently can be found together in the movie collection. This contains: The Calculus Case (sometimes going under the regular name of The Calculus Affair); Prisoners (or Temple) of the Sun; and Tintin and the Lake of Sharks (also known as The Mystery of Shark Lake). None of these has the introductory cry you remember (they never did, it’s not that it’s been lost).

The VHS tapes contain edited omnibuses of the serials, rather than the episodic versions; this is sad for the purist, but perhaps understandable, when as I’ve explained before, you find out that on average they had three minutes of recap and titles to two minutes of new material per episode, which means that there’s rather a lot of repetition to sit through…

As for the question of “original” voices, we are still trying to ascertain what voices casts were used when - there may have been BBC broadcasts with their own voices, or a new British dub, they may have used the American originals, and the ones on tape seem to vary from issue to issue. Someday we may get this sorted out…!
superkev62
#30 · Posted: 25 Oct 2011 21:44
Forgive me as I am new to this forum.
For many years I have sought the Tele-Hachette/ Belvision versions of Tintin that brightened my summer holidays, yet angered me even in those fledgling days for their flagrant disregard for faithfulness.
Have they ever been re-released?

S.
P.S. I'm off to the cinema on Saturday.

Moderator Note: Hi - you are not alone! As you will see this is a question which has been asked before, and your message has been moved to this thread, where you will find the current information.

The Happy Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 3 of 5:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!