Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / The Members Lounge /

"Behold - the judgement!"

Ranko
#1 · Posted: 9 Sep 2010 19:18
There is a rather large Araneus Diadematus outside my front window right now.

The reason I say it is because it looks just like the one at the observatory. And yes, I've said all the dialogue to an imaginary Prof Phostle and attempted to make the thing crawl across a small telescope I've got. All in all, it was a dismal failure. It insisted on crawling towards me which caused frantic brushing motions to get the thing away.

I've been off work today, everything's done and, well... I was a bit bored!

You know you're a (bored, slightly obsessive) Tintin fan when...! :-)
Grey
#2 · Posted: 9 Sep 2010 19:44
I'm assuming you're on about the PLAGUE OF HORRIFICALLY BIG SPIDERS* that torment everyone just as they're about to go to bed, because big spiders apparantly ruin sleep.

Don't worry, I've had a Phostle moment too with about 3 spiders this week, it's normal ;)

*In England of all places, big spiders... in England... that's like a tropical island with a polar bear.
Oh wait.
Ranko
#3 · Posted: 9 Sep 2010 21:26
Yes, thankfully British spiders I can cope with. Anything larger does freak me out. I lived for a time in NZ where we used to get these in the garden. The stuff of nightmares, I tell you.
tuhatkauno
#4 · Posted: 9 Sep 2010 22:09
Sounds humoristic "I have had my Phostle moments too, it's quite normal." :-)

What might an ignorant of Tintin think about Phostle moments?
hmmm ... what an earth he is talking ... Phostile ... sounds familiar...

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!