Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Who else is a manga fan?

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

ilovetintin
#1 · Posted: 20 Sep 2010 09:36
Who else reads manga on here?? I love manga, and I am learning how to draw it!!

My favourites include: Oresamu Teacher, Beauty is the Beast and Fruits Basket.
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 20 Sep 2010 14:11
I read some manga.

My favourites are:
The New Kindaichi Case Files
Fullmetal Alchemist
Monster
ilovetintin
#3 · Posted: 20 Sep 2010 19:43
Cool!!I have read only 1 chapter of Fullmetal Alchemist at my library, I was just flicking through the pages, looked cool though!! I have heard of one called Code Geass which I am going to check out.
Richard1631978
#4 · Posted: 21 Sep 2010 20:31
The only Manga I've read is With The Light, but I've enjoyed it & have the first 5 volumes.
Tintinrulz
#5 · Posted: 22 Sep 2010 01:36
Oops, I forgot Hayao Miyazaki's epic sci-fi/fantasy/adventure - Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. It's an amazing manga.
ilovetintin
#6 · Posted: 26 Sep 2010 19:46
Tintinrulz
I have never heard of that one, I'll go look it up right now!!:)

Posted: 26 Sep 2010 19:54
Actually, has anybody heard of one called Monster??Apparently it's a really good mystery manga.

--
Moderator action: merged 2 consecutive posts.
Note from Moderator to poster: Instead of making consecutive posts, use the edit button to add new lines in your last post.

Also, if you wish to reply to more than one person's comments, do this in a single post:

a) quote all the comments you want to respond to
b) then under each comment, add your response. Your one, long post (as opposed to a series of consecutive posts) should look something like this:

Tintinrulz said: blah blah
Your response

Grey said: blah blah
Your response

X said: blah blah
Your response

c) Once done, submit your one single, long reply.
Tintinrulz
#7 · Posted: 27 Sep 2010 03:31
Yes, I mentioned 'Monster' in my first post in this thread. It's an excellent and rather complex mystery/thriller. Sort of like The Fugitive TV series if it was darker, more intricate and psychological and set in eastern Europe. It's a fantastic series but not for children. There are 18 volumes in Naoki Urasawa's 'Monster' series.
Grey
#8 · Posted: 27 Sep 2010 15:32
I used to be a manga fan and was less than a third way through collecting Bleach and Tsubasa -something- Chronicles. But my interest got very low in the end and couldn't stay focused on the whole thing, so I ended up selling all my manga stuff instead.
ilovetintin
#9 · Posted: 27 Sep 2010 19:28
Tintinrulz
Well, I would probably have nightmares!!Lol!! I read the first chapter of this one called Baccano, was good, but it freaked me out a little, cause I knew what the nephew was going to do!!

--

Grey
Hey, manga is great!!

--
Moderator action: merged consecutive posts.
Note from Moderator to poster: Please don't make consecutive posts, edit your previous post instead.
Grey
#10 · Posted: 27 Sep 2010 19:42
ilovetintin:
Grey
Hey, manga is great!!

I never said it was bad in the first place. I do love manga and how it brings across a story in several different ways, honestly. If you like it then that's fine, I won't tell you to not read it just because I don't any more.

Page  Page 1 of 3:  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!