Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Who else is a manga fan?

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

ilovetintin
#11 · Posted: 3 Oct 2010 19:59
Beauty is the Beast is a really good one, I like it because of the way the author talks to the reader in the boxes alongside the panels, and there's lots of humor!!I also like Emma, and Naruto:)

--

Posted: 5 Oct 2010 00:44
Tintinrulz
Apparently it's one of the few mangas done in pencil..amazing!! You should check out Baccano.

--
Moderator action: merged consecutive posts.
Note from Moderator: Please kindly refrain from making consecutive posts.
Tintinrulz
#12 · Posted: 5 Oct 2010 08:18
iLoveTintin, that's true. I've watched the anime series of Baccano. It was very good but quite a bit more gorey than I am used too. There are light novels too, but no Baccano manga series.
ilovetintin
#13 · Posted: 5 Oct 2010 20:31
Tintinrulz
It's quite violent, but not as violent or sad as Elfen Lied!!! I found Baccano on [content edited].

Moderator Note: The site you mentioned is an illegal manga aggregator site, which appears to adopt the position that it will host any material, legally or not, until required to take it down. Just like staying clear of trouble with copyright issues involving Tintin, please do not involve us in promoting such places.
Many thanks for your co-operation.
The Tintinologist Team
Tintinrulz
#14 · Posted: 6 Oct 2010 00:10
I found Baccano at my local library. I realise it's not as violent as Elfen Lied (not that I've seen it, but I've seen pictures of it and heard from people). But it's silly to compare one of the most violent anime series with Baccano. Also, Elfen Lied had extreme violence just for the heck of it, while Baccano was very violent but it had context within the characters portrayed and the story being told.
ilovetintin
#15 · Posted: 8 Oct 2010 02:19
Tintinrulz
Is it really??I've only read a little bit, it was too disturbing for me, I don't know anything about it, but this girl said I should read it cause it was really good. Yeah, Baccano was very well written that way, no unnessary violence, I agree with you.

Note to the Moderators:
I'm really sorry about that, I didn't realise that it was illegal. My sincere apoplogies to the whole team.
ilovetintin
#16 · Posted: 28 Dec 2010 03:08
Who has read Katekyo Hitman Reborn??
I have read all the way up to the current chapter, 320, and I'm a big fan. Who else likes the series??
tintinsgf
#17 · Posted: 14 Dec 2011 05:02
Whoa, me a manga fan! Well, who follows Kekkaishi?

I also enjoy CLAMP's manga, such as Cardcaptor Sakura, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, and Kobato. Who else follows that? :D
Becky
#18 · Posted: 11 Jan 2012 10:53
I love Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors
Shivam302001
#19 · Posted: 6 Jan 2019 15:11
I was introduced to manga through anime and both the art forms continue to entertain and dazzle me. Has anyone read Shinchan? Although an adult comic, and not a very accurate description of a 5 year old, it's sarcasm and humour is very entertaining.

Also, there is Doraemon, although I am not sure whether it can exactly be called a manga. But it is from Japan. It is about a 22nd century robot cat who comes all the way from the future to the present age to help its owner's ancestor, Nobita Nobi, get good marks in school and ensure that he lives a successful life.

There is also the Beyblade series that I am totally hooked to and look to it for inspiration:
-Beyblade Burst
-Beyblade Burst Evolution
-Beyblade Burst Turbo
The characterisations are very nice and the portrayal of the real competitive world is very nice in the series. The issues of friendship and enmity in the field of sports is also aptly shown here.
mct16
#20 · Posted: 7 Jan 2019 20:36
My favourite is "Death Note" which is about a young man who acquires the power to kill a person from a distance provided he knows that person's face and actual name. What I like about it is that it is about two men, a killer and a detective, pitting wits against each other; they are both equally intelligent and cunning in their own ways and both believe that they are right and the other is wrong. It is not often that you get rivals who are so equally matched and thus either one could be the winner.

I am also enjoying "Blood Lad" which you could call a twisted, urban "Alice in Wonderland"-kind of story and very enjoyable too.

Page  Page 2 of 3:  « Previous  1  2  3  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!