Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Official Tintin film, stage and radio adaptations /

Chantal Goya: "Comme Tintin" Record

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 30 Jan 2011 14:21
I have just seen a music video by a singer called Chantal Goya.
It features her (who ever she is), and a man dressed as Tintin and wearing a mask of Tintin’s face.

I thought someone had spiked my water supply when I saw this - it’s odd.

Has anyone else seen this, and if they have, heard any translation?
Balthazar
#2 · Posted: 30 Jan 2011 19:54
I'd not seen that before, so thanks for drawing it to our attention. I just found it on YouTube by typing in Chantal Goya Tintin. As well as the version you saw with the man in a Tintin mask, there's the same song sung in a TV studio, accompanied by a chorus of singing and dancing children dressed as Tintin (though wearing Tintin-in-America-style caps, presumably to save having to quiff all their hair) and a dog which looks a bit like snowy. There's also a man in the audience in full Tintin costume, so maybe it's part of some Tintin-themed TV special.

I'd not heard of Chantal Goya before, but I see that she's made quite a speciality of songs featuring children's book and cartoon characters over the years. Her wholesome style may be a bit saccharine for my taste, to be honest, though after hearing that Comme Tintin song just twice, I find it's going round and round my head.

According to her Wikipedia entry, Chantal recorded "Comme Tintin" in 1981. If that's the case, I wonder what Hergé made of it! However, at least one of these YouTube versions seems to have clips from the 1990s TV series in the background, so I'd guess they were later performances of the song.
number1fan
#3 · Posted: 30 Jan 2011 20:48
My reaction this video was "What the" had I inhaled something from somewhere I think the guy in the Tintin mask just looks plain creepy.I think its very cringe worth haha.
Tintinrulz
#4 · Posted: 31 Jan 2011 10:35
Thanks for sharing. Those clips were both disturbing, catchy and rather weird. But it was great to see something Tintin-related. I don't think there was one male dressed as Tintin in that musical performance! Haha!
skater95
#5 · Posted: 18 Mar 2012 22:02
Haha, the Tintin mask was a little creepy, but he was a good dancer, no? Hahaha :) I don't think there was ever an English version of the song but I can roughly tell you what the song is saying.

Content removed

It's not a perfect translation, but pretty close.

Moderator Note: Thank you for your effort, but we have to be careful around matters of copyright; therefore providing whole-sale translations of someone else’s lyrics is not permissable under the rules of the site, and your post has been edited.

We hope you understand, and will cooperate in this matter.

The Happy Tintinologist Team
tintinsgf
#6 · Posted: 14 Jun 2012 04:38
I thought it is a melancholic song, but I was wrong, this song is so childishly fun and cheerful!
number1fan:
I think the guy in the Tintin mask just looks plain creepy.

Creepy indeed, at a glance. But I think I'll admit that I am the first person in this thread that say the Tintin mask is actually cute. And handy, too! The mask would always give me nice and simple cosplay prop, if only I could have one though XD.

Anyway, a little far off this thread, I found another Tintin-related song somewhere in the net, titled "Tintin" by Els Caterres. Unlike Comme Tintin, this song has fewer relations to Tintiniverse itself (with the only reference to Tintin and Snowy in the refrain), not to mention that the lyrics are rather... mature(?) at the least, if not sleazy or other.
skater95
#7 · Posted: 6 Jul 2012 06:36
I don't know if I'm allowed to link to it but there was an issue of Tintin magazine that featured Chantal Goya on the cover and had the name of the song (there must have been an article about the song inside), so I guess Hergé liked it enough to let it be advertised in the Tintin magazine. The cover itself was kinda strange however, I think it had a cartoon picture of Chantal kissing Tintin on the cheek. Is it wrong to be a little jealous of her?

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!