Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

Blake & Mortimer: how would you rate the animated series?

number1fan
#1 · Posted: 12 Feb 2011 22:51
Out of 5, what would you give this animated series?

I would give it a 4/5. I love the way it's similar to Tintin. However, some of the plots are too strange and far fetched: the story that involves a time machine contains some elements that are a little silly.
But apart from that, it's a good animated series - not quite as good as the animated Tintin of the early 90's, but certainly a contender.
mct16
#2 · Posted: 13 Feb 2011 12:03
Many know me as someone who avoids film adaptations of classic books, even comics, but I did watch through the animated version of "The Yellow M" for research purposes when contributing to a blog site (now defunct I'm afraid).

Animation was OK, but I wasn't very impressed by the handling of the characters: Blake is shown as rather reluctant to take on the case and Kendall seems very hostile towards him - factors which are not obvious in the book - and I don't see why Kendall has to be shown falling asleep and botching the judge's protection as opposed to taking on the intruder and then being knocked out in battle as he was in the book.

I tried watching the animated version of the "Affair of the Necklace", but the ghost of Marie-Antoinette was enough to make me say "forget it!"

In all fairness I might try and watch those episodes which are not based on any of the books ("The Viking's Bequest" or "The Secret of Easter Island", perhaps), but otherwise 2 out of 5.
appletree
#3 · Posted: 20 Feb 2011 04:10
Never an adaptation is as fulfilling as the masterpiece. Film is not an exception. As the small child complained: "The voice is not the same".
Jacobs work happily married both story and drawing, thick and nourishing plot with precise and unique pencil.
Except for the Nelvana Tntin series I never saw an adaptation truthful to the original storyboard. Many details are added, when not whole inner episodes.
That is the case of this B&M series which I discovered in Brussels a few years back, and never having heard about it, bought the DVD set on the spot (all the more with four soundtracks, English, French, Italian and Portuguese).
Back at home, disillusion wasn't greater as I did not expect more than cartoons for kids. Jacobs is not there. It’s seeable but not very enjoyable.
As for the new stories I never understood, like in the Spirou case, why anyone finds the need, or even admits, to invent other stories than the original ones.
2 out of 5, I’m afraid.
number1fan
#4 · Posted: 20 Feb 2011 14:10
Wow I'm surprised this series gets a low rating from posters.Its not the Tintin series I only discovered the series on DVD last year a snip at only £5.I cant ever remember it being on in the 90's.Though I wish I would of seen it when I was a lot younger.

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!