Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintinland: The imaginary theme-park

Page  Page 9 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

liempatricia
#81 · Posted: 15 Mar 2011 06:06
Geez..... after reading this "Tintinland" I started to make a replica of it..... From boxes,paper,and other stuff...
number1fan
#82 · Posted: 15 Mar 2011 07:08
But in Tintinland you would need to watch your back Bourdurian double agents everywhere.
Grey
#83 · Posted: 16 Mar 2011 02:39
Being a theme park enthusiast as well as a Tintinologist, I have many a friend asking me if I would love to see a Tintin theme park seeing as there is already a Parc Asterix.

As much as it is a partial dream to see such an attraction, I would have to say no to the concept because:

- Investment and demand would never be likely no matter how popular the series is. Not many companies in the theme park industry would be willing to part so much money to pump into something that could potentially have low gate numbers.

- No company could truly win the hearts of Moulinsart and the Tintinologist community. The location and faith placed into the adapted rides/attractions would heavily partake in this. So if the park was in Belgium, overseas fans would have trouble affording/getting there. Vice versa.

- The whole park would be hit and miss because it is one big IP land and it is sometimes terrible when a park that doesn't own the IP tries to do this, it goes down pretty badly and only occasionally goes right.

In short, I see many reasons blocking the theme park idea and I object to the idea ever flourishing. I would love to see such an attraction, don't get me wrong, but in reality who can we really trust to build up a theme park around Tintin without any hitches?

However, to see a virtual render of Tintinland on Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 or NoLimits would be fantastic. Or even small Tintin attractions around the world, much like the Legoland Discovery Centres and Sea Life.

Still I won't be having high hopes for all three.

It's a wonderful idea. Just wouldn't cope in reality.
Magpie
#84 · Posted: 18 Feb 2012 22:21
Well, we do always have Musée Hergé!
tintinsgf
#85 · Posted: 19 Feb 2012 02:41
When I browsed through Tintin's facebook albums, I saw an album called Tintinville (if I wasn't wrong), and it was about an entrepreneur team went to a place, looking for potential site for Tintinville. If you ask what is Tintinville, well, it was a planned Tintin-themed amusement park. There were planned to be based by Tintin in America, which means it'll have saloon, ranch, sheriff house. It would also have go-kart racing track,swimming pool, tennis courts and an Inn for accommodation. It turned out that it had operated for a while, until it finally closed down (not really sure why, a flop perhaps?).

Here's the link to the album "Tintinville". I am sorry if the link won't open. (To moderator : I do sorry if it is not allowed)

Anyway, about making Tintin-themed park, I don't think it goes against Hergé's wishes on Tintin. If this was once happened, I think it can be happened aagain (sure there are lots of technical consideration, including fans' demand, but the point is, it's just okay to build a Tintin-themed park).

But I think, instead of a Tintinland, why not a Tintin festival? But make it like Oktoberfest so there wouldn't only be food/comic/merchandise booths, but also amusing rides! (But when I mean make it like an Oktoberfest, I don't mean that it must be overflowed with beers and other booze, I just say make the festival arrangement like Oktoberfest). And don't hold it just in one place, hold it in different places in different periods!(Say, like the first festival held in Brussels, and then the next festival held in Australia, and then the next festival in the next country and so on).
Harrock n roll
#86 · Posted: 19 Feb 2012 19:41
tintinsgf:
Anyway, about making Tintin-themed park, I don't think it goes against Hergé's wishes on Tintin. If this was once happened, I think it can be happened aagain

I think it would be more a case of obtaining the rights to run such a park. Perhaps we'll see something soon though, especially if the film(s) are enough of a success.

As well as the short-lived 'Tintinville' there was Walibi theme park which ran for quite a few years (see the article on this site about the Walibi Tintin theme park).

tintinsgf:
But I think, instead of a Tintinland, why not a Tintin festival?

That is something that has been ongoing since 2005. A second was held in Lausanne in 2007, and a third in Namur in 2009. See also this thread about the first festival in 2005.
tintinsgf
#87 · Posted: 22 Feb 2012 12:07
Harrock n roll:
I think it would be more a case of obtaining the rights to run such a park.

Ah yes, that was what I meant to write back then, I just ran out of words (thank you for telling me, Harrock! :D).

And at the first glance, I thought Walibi was in Australia... XD.

Goodness, the Tintin Festival looks definitely interesting! Is it still being held today? (If it is, where will it take place?)

If it is still held, then I'll definitely visit that place, but I'll have to save my money for the travel.
Goodness, when I'll travel around Europe this event is definitely a must-visit for me!
(Though it seems like it's a biennial event, so perhaps after 2011, which I missed, the festival might be held again at 2013? Oh my, that's so close! I wonder if I can save enough money for it.. :( )
snowybella
#88 · Posted: 11 Mar 2017 10:15
jockosjungle:
Perhaps Tintinland could also have attractions from other Herge creations, Quick and Flupkes Funhouse. The Stratoship Plane Ride.

jock123:
I like the idea! Doing something based around the Underwater Tanks too could be good... Camp Totor for those who wish to pitch a tent just outside the park proper, but who don't want to stay in one of the hotels...

I like the idea too! Beside the Jungle there could be a Valley of the Cobras, complete with a resevoir for exploring, with the bridge leading to the "Speaking Elephant" show!

At the "Red Rackham's Pirate Experience", you could also take a trip in some "Underwater Tanks", and if you're at the right time you might spot an octopus or two, and maybe bump into a Shark Sub. Once you come back on the shore, visit the volcano of Karamako and have a treat, a bun covered in strawberry jam, known as "lava buns" and for the more tidy, some tomatoe juice. In case it gets too hot, you can also have some iced water. At times, the volcano will make some rumbling noises for added effect, but it is completely safe.

Every Wednesday from 3 o' clock to four, Legrand will arrive in the Stratoship at the centre of the park and will give visitors a tour in the air. Make sure that Jocko isn't there, or he will cause mayhem for passengers!

At the "Quick and Flupke's Funhouse", make cars break down, watch Flupeski play the violin and ride on a wooden plane rollercoaster! Be prepared, a dog that looks dangerous may run towards you with a stick! When you're hungry, have a chocolate surprise egg, or some cold oil, maybe even toy-areoplane soup.

For those who want something else than a hotel and aren't tired of fun, "Camp Totor" is the perfect place. Pitch up tents and learn to drive cars. Every one o' clock to three and every six o' clock to eight, food is served. Marshmallows, soup, cookies and other foods are often on the menu while Totor will give entertainment with his exciting and hilarous stories. Meet foxes, owls, and other creatures roaming about the park.

In case you're now tired after all the fun you had, why not book a stay at the Tintinland hotel? Once you picked up a free polyresin figurine, which you can choose from Haddock, Tintin, Calculus or Snowy, rest in Tintin-themed rooms, have Tintin meals and look around at the gift shop to remember your stay or buy a gift for another fan.

The Next Day...

After a nice sleep at the hotel with its friendly staff, it must be time to visit the Flight 714 area, with its very own driveable versions of the swing-wing Carreidas Aircraft for the small ones. For those who can't stand the "Seven Crystal Balls" ride, why not hop on one of the modified Carreidas areoplanes carriages fit for all ages, and enter the mysterious temple and face light steam while looking at the carved pictures on the wall as you take a tour of the "volcano".

Now, it's time to go to the wharves and take a seat on the "Aurora" to sail to "Shooting Star Island", where you can take a short ride on E.F.S.R aircraft and also try catching a huge apple, they can be split in half and they reveal a surprise! For those who can't wait to go to the island where the volcano of Karamako is, take one of the ten underwater tanks and go straight there. Don't worry if there isn't any tanks left, a large E.F.S.R areoplane will drop a large net and carry the tanks over to "Shooting Star Island".

Page  Page 9 of 9:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!