Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Tintin collectibles (official merchandise only) /

Tintin Facsimile Albums: are they still available?

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

skut
#1 · Posted: 12 Apr 2011 04:28
I recently visited Montreal and bought two of the Casterman hardcover facsimile editions of Tintin In America and The Blue Lotus. They list several others in the series (from Soviets to Golden Claws). I've been looking at all of the Amazon sites (Canada, US, UK) and can't seem to find them anywhere. Are these still in print? Anyone know a good place to order them from?
Tintinrulz
#2 · Posted: 12 Apr 2011 05:01
Book Depository (UK) has Cigars of the Pharaoh. Haven't been able to find any others.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780867199055/Cigars-of-the-Phara oh
jock123
#3 · Posted: 12 Apr 2011 12:51
They are also to be found on the Tintin Shop's site, if that is of any help.

You could always just try ordering them through a regular book-shop (perhaps the place that you bought the two you have); most book shops will make an order on request, and it won't cost you anything (although they might want a deposit). The ISBN number is often helpful to them when placing your order, so take them with you if you visit the shop.
Always worth a try.
skut
#4 · Posted: 25 Apr 2011 03:04
The ones that I got have different covers than those links, number1fan. In English and published by Casterman. Maybe they were limited edition? As mentioned, I have done an elaborate search on all Amazon sites, at the Tintin Shop and at the Casterman site, but haven't found a reliable source. Blistering barnacles!
number1fan
#5 · Posted: 25 Apr 2011 11:03
The one you gave a link for is a French version.In 2006 This version was released in English.But it is the same as the one you linked if that's of any help.
jock123
#6 · Posted: 25 Apr 2011 14:33
Ah, okay, so it's the black and white facsimiles you want - they are listed on the Tintin Shop site, for example: you just have to go to the books page, and look on the drop down menu for the B&W facsimile version.

If it is available, they have it - you should also bear in mind that although you have seen titles like Crab on the back of an album, that was just to make it look like the early edition it resembles: it hasn't actually come out.
skut
#7 · Posted: 4 May 2011 03:31
jock123:
... you should also bear in mind that although you have seen titles like Crab on the back of an album, that was just to make it look like the early edition it resembles: it hasn't actually come out.

Blistering barnacles! Those bashi bazouks had me looking all over the internet, by thunder! Pockmarks! Ectoplasm! Mountebanks!

Thanks for that information; now I know to be patient and wait (hope) that they are all published.

I really wish that they would publish the original 1949 version of Land Of Black Gold. So many differences between it and the 1971 version.
number1fan
#8 · Posted: 4 May 2011 08:43
I have actualy given up hope of Land of Black Gold coming out in that format.
There's probably more chance of seeing a pig fly past Halley's comet.
I'm still waiting for the B&W English facsimile of Black Island, The Broken Ear and The Crab With The Golden Claws.

It has been a long wait!
WilloughbyDrupe
#9 · Posted: 7 May 2011 14:11
Hi number1fan,

Let's hope Egmont get around to publishing the Black Gold facsimile sooner rather than later! All the same, I recently decided to bite the bullet and simply get the French version from Amazon UK.

Quality book, might help tide us over until it comes out in English!
Henry 54321
#10 · Posted: 18 May 2011 19:34
Attention! This is new news that the site www.thetintinshop.uk.com is selling the colour 1949 facsimile of Land of Black Gold.

Moderator Note: This is indeed new news if it is the case - however, looking at the site, there isn't any obvious sign that this book is available.
It isn't on the English Colour Facsimiles page, and isn't listed on the drop-down menu next to the title on the main albums page.
The French facsimile of Au Pays de l'Or Noir is available, but that has been around for some time.

If you do have additional information - please let us know!

The Tintinologist Team

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!