Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Other comics /

"Les Aventures Extraordinaires d'Adèle Blanc-Sec" (2010) [Movie]

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

jock123
#11 · Posted: 1 Apr 2011 10:19
There is a full page advert for, and a review (four stars awarded) of, The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec in the latest U.K. issue of Empire; it opens here on April 22, 2011.
mct16
#12 · Posted: 14 Apr 2011 18:06
An interview with director Luc Besson in which he describes Adele as "Ze grandmother of Lara Croft".
number1fan
#13 · Posted: 24 Apr 2011 18:40
I saw this last night at the Haymarket in London's West End.
It was a very good film.There were clearly nods in the film to Tintin such as being in the sea in a sarcophagus and at The Professors house was the Aryumbian Fetish.

Let me start of by saying I'am a big Indiana Jones fan and I enjoyed the last one The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.Which certainly has that adventure type fill to it .However I enjoyed Les Aventures Extraordinaires d'Adèle Blanc-Sec a lot more than I did the last instalment of Indiana.

This is what I think is Luc Besson's finest work so far his body of work include films like Leon,The Fifth Element amongst many more.
I haven't read any Adèle Blanc-Sec.But I felt that it being a Franco-Belgian comic and being a big fan of you know who I decided why not.
I had seen the Film posters for it all over the Underground.

The plot it self is very intriguing I wont give away to much but the heroine is after looking for a cure to her Sister who is practically dead.On her way around the world for a cure she encounters a pterodactyl ancient living mummies and all sorts of pompous characters.

The film is sharp on wit and is good to look at all the characters practically jump out of the comic book they are based in.

So all in all a very good film I hope there's more on the way the best gag of them film is the last few seconds which does leave it open to come back
Tintinrulz
#14 · Posted: 25 Apr 2011 01:24
Number1Fan, thanks for sharing your thoughts. It sounds like an enjoyable movie. I didn't know you were a fan of You Know Who = Voldermort. :P No, no. I realise you meant Tintin.
number1fan
#15 · Posted: 25 Apr 2011 10:39
Tintinrulz:
I realise you meant Tintin.

What is this Tintin everyone talks of.

Yeah the film was so enjoyable I recommend it to anyone.I hope there are some more of these in the pipeline though hopefully DR Muller wont blow it up.
jock123
#16 · Posted: 2 May 2011 19:46
Yes, definitely worth seeing! Went to the Odeon in Covent Garden, and enjoyed it thoroughly!

I’m very impressed by the quality of the effects - not just “obvious” ones, like the pterodactyl, but more subtle ones which blend turn-of-the-20th-century backgrounds into scenes, and re-create buildings as they once were.

The sets are sumptuous, the costumes wonderful, and the characters look both believable and yet still “cartoony” enough to bring a comic-strip world to life.

Oh how I wish the new Tintin film was being done like this!!
number1fan
#17 · Posted: 3 May 2011 10:54
jock123:
I’m very impressed by the quality of the effects - not just “obvious” ones, like the pterodactyl

A lot of critics picked this up ripping in to the Pterodactyl.It is perfectly fine.
jock123
#18 · Posted: 3 May 2011 20:17
number1fan:
A lot of critics picked this up ripping in to the Pterodactyl.It is perfectly fine.

Yes, I agree. I wasn’t implying that there was anything wrong with it at all, just that you know it has to be an effect, what with it being a pterodactyl, which are scarce, even in France. Indeed, it’s an excellent effect, especially in how it is made to blend in with the backgrounds and real elements.

However, recreating the Louvre in CGI as it used to be slips past un-noticed, until of course one of the characters suggests how the view might be improved, at which point you realize, oh yes - that’s not the real Louvre… (I’m not going to give away the pay-off - it’s too good a joke!)
number1fan
#19 · Posted: 3 May 2011 20:23
I think the gag at the end was one of the greatest I have seen at the end of a film.

Page  Page 2 of 2:  « Previous  1  2 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!