Tintin Forums

Tintinologist.org Forums / Curious about Tintin? (Non-album specific) /

Tintin & Friends: How old are they?

Page  Page 4 of 16:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15  16  Next » 

Martine
#31 · Posted: 11 Oct 2004 16:11
I always thought he was just a kid who got to do neat stuff. So other kids would buy the comic.
And Tintin looks too different from any other character design, except for kids.
theone
#32 · Posted: 11 Oct 2004 20:10
"I always thought he was just a kid who got to do neat stuff."

That's something I would never think of ^_^

He's just got a sort of kiddy face - but after reading a lot of the books it's pretty obvious he isn't a "kid" in that sense.
kirthiboy
#33 · Posted: 11 Oct 2004 20:46
I dont think he is a kid. He is a kid for the villians of course. His age would be around 27 by the last album imo. If you imagine him real, he would be like a highly skilled cute boy lookish type smart man reporter =p (no kid)

Anyways, you can call him kiddish maybe:
In The Black Island, when he tries to solve the pieces of paper puzzle found from the pilot's jacket, he says "I love puzzles!". And in "Land of black Gold", the gangsters easily assume Tintin as Olivera's nephew. In Shooting Star, the way he gets into the laboratory reminds me kiddish pranks. But anyways he is not a kid.
Karaboudjan
#34 · Posted: 12 Dec 2004 23:48
I'd say he was early twenties at the most.
blisteringbarnacles
#35 · Posted: 22 Jan 2005 08:40
I think Tintin is around 25, Haddock is in the late 40s and Calculus is in his mid 60s
MoonRocket
#36 · Posted: 22 Jan 2005 23:21
When I read the earlier Tintin adventures (America, Blue Lotus, etc), I see Tintin as, say, a 17 or 18 year-old. But when I read the later adventures, especially Picaros and Flight 714, I see him to be in his mid- to late-twenties. I see the Captain as being 40-45 and Calculus as being 50 at the oldest.
Harrock n roll
#37 · Posted: 23 Jan 2005 18:21
There is no real proof of Tintin's age although Hergé once said that he was 15.

15 + 76 = 91. So Tintin is 91 now...
miloumuttmitt
#38 · Posted: 24 Jan 2005 01:08
Theory:
Congo-America=15
Pharaoh-Lotus=16
Ear-Black Island=17
Ottokar-Star=18
Unicorn-Prisoners=19
Black Gold-Explorers=20
Calculus=21
Sharks-Tibet=22
Emerald-Picaros=23
Alph-Art=25
Mull Pascha
#39 · Posted: 5 Feb 2005 13:22
I don't think Tintin is a teenager. I mean what sort of a newspaper would send a fifteen/sixteen year old child away on a dangerous trip to Sovjet? I'd say Tintin is about 20-25 years old.
theone
#40 · Posted: 13 Oct 2005 03:04
Tintin:
I'd say at the begenning of Soviets he is perhaps 17 or 18, and by the end of Picaros he is about 26 or 27. In the early books he has a boyish kind of attitude, so I think he was younger there, but later on he changes a bit both in appearance and personality.

Captain Haddock:
I'd estimate in the forties. He's been remarked as old, but he doesn't look or act too old, so I think forty would be the midrange, you could stretch late thirties.

Calculus:
I'd also guess in the forties. He's obviously not young, but he also does not seem to aged.

Thompson and Thompson:
They appear to be middle-aged, though they have a receding hairline. My estimate would be 35.

Nestor:
Hard to guess, but I'd say around the Captain's age, maybe a bit younger.

Wagg:
Also hard to tell, because he has a youthful personality but that isn't necessarily a clue. I'd guess in the thirties. 33.

Castafiore:
I have no guess here, maybe someone else could fill it in.

Anyways, feel free to add other minor characters too.

Page  Page 4 of 16:  « Previous  1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15  16  Next » 

Please be sure to familiarize yourself with the Forum Posting Guidelines.

Disclaimer: Tintinologist.org assumes no responsibility for any content you post to the forums/web site. Staff reserve the right to remove any submitted content which they deem in breach of Tintinologist.org's Terms of Use. If you spot anything on Tintinologist.org that you think is inappropriate, please alert the moderation team. Sometimes things slip through, but we will always act swiftly to remove unauthorised material.

Forgot password
Please log in to post. No account? Create one!